Samsung Galaxy Alpha does it look to much like an iPhone?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay I know this could get ugly and I hope everyone realizes it and keep things in check (hint hint. play nice ). But it has to cross everyone's mind looking at Sammy's first offering of the Galaxy line in metal, looking much like rival Apple and the iPhone.

So lets sound off about it but play nice!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It does seem like they're trying to appeal to iPhone users look wise..

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Melinium

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
No, it look like a Mini Galaxy Note 3, the Iphone as a different aspect, the large top and bottom bezels with the large round home button can be identified from some distance and the two phones don't look like two brothers as we can see from a GSMArena comparaison.

alpha-iphone.png

The comparaison from GSMArena show clearly than the Alpha and the Note 3 are from the same family.

alpha-note3.png

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No, it look like a Mini Galaxy Note 3, the Iphone as a different aspect, the large top and bottom bezels with the large round home button can be identified from some distance and the two phones don't look like two brothers as we can see from a GSMArena comparaison.

View attachment 131994

The comparaison from GSMArena show clearly than the Alpha and the Note 3 are from the same family.

View attachment 131999

Going to put this on here because I think it highlights the across the room idea:

e9e6y6y9.jpg

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I think it's a cool looking phone, but a bit minimalistic. That is what makes it too much like the iphone. To me Android flagships, like the Galaxys and the Ones and the G#s and the Motos and the Droids, have a few things brighter or blacker oozing nonconformity. The I series is very well built and the software and hardware are integrated very well and BORING. The truth hurts but if there was no iphone there'd be no smartphone and we'd all have moto razers. So I'm glad the iphone was imitaded, but I'm also glad it got so much cooler with Android.

Posted via Android Central App

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
At first I would have said yes, definitely. Then I saw the comparison to the Note 3 and I'd say it's much closer to that. So Apple can suck it.

Looks like a great idea to me. It's basically a Samsung version of the Moto X. I'll definitely check it out, but no reason to give up my X at this point.

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Totes Magotes. 🍎 can suck it and the fanboys who will buy every single piece of dookie 🍎 passes of as an upgrade I just feel sorry for them. LG G4 will change the world

Posted via Android Central App

CoolBeenz87

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
If you've if seen or held a Samsung tab s tablet it borrowed much of the design ques from that. Metal frame yet keeping the perforated soft touch plastic backing. I like it. I just hope they optimize its general performance with the exynos processor. I'm sure they will feel very different although at first glance it does look similar to an iPhone. If anything it looks like a metal framed Galaxy S2. Which I still have 😉

Posted via the Android Central App

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
In those 2D graphics, the phones look different. But I saw a pic of both somewhere and they definitely share some similarities. It's funny really, considering the ridiculous litigation that Samsung would put out a phone even remotely close in appearance. Gonna be some good popcorn eating moments after this!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I see some resemblance, but I also agree that it looks more like a mini GN3 (Should be expected since it's a very similar product line).

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
At first glance and when viewed at certain angles, yes. However, the more you look at it it starts to look less like an iPhone variant and more like the Note line as mentioned.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
At first glance and when viewed at certain angles, yes. However, the more you look at it it starts to look less like an iPhone variant and more like the Note line as mentioned.

Same here. The only similarities I see between the two are the flat metal edges, the overall slimness and just a little bit in the front bezels. So I can kind of see why some may think it looks like an iPhone at first glance. But as you look at it further, it's very different.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Okay I know this could get ugly and I hope everyone realizes it and keep things in check (hint hint. play nice ). But it has to cross everyone's mind looking at Sammy's first offering of the Galaxy line in metal, looking much like rival Apple and the iPhone.

So lets sound off about it but play nice!

Well i think samsung is kinda money hungry based on what they make.

Since iphone users LOVE thier iphone,s so when they see a phone that looks "cheaper" dont get me wrong i have nothing against samsung and love the feel of the S5 kinda wish i had one :p so maybe when they see a "more-premium" samsung they want to jump.
Even though i think the battery is way too small for its specs and 720P screen isn,t the best.

So apple makes a iphone and it sells well so samsung makes a "enemy" to the iphone ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21