Why is my 'Content In Facebook' greyed out in gallery (diff problem to S5)?

seast91

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Alpha - 'Content In Facebook' greyed out in gallery (diff problem to S5)

Hi

I have searched for this and found that people were having a similar issue with the S5 but the solution won't work for me.

I have a Galaxy Alpha. In the Gallery there are options to display:

All Content
Content in Phone
Content in Facebook
Content in Dropbox
Content in Picasa

The Picasa option works, as does the phone option but the other two are disabled. The Samsung FAQ says that this means there is no account on the phone but I have Facebook set up (I don't use Dropbox).

Now the solution for the S5 was that an extra account "Sync Apps With Facebook" needed setting up and that seems to have sorted the S5 peeps but that account is not available to add in my Alpha.

I called Samsung "Support" but they had no idea what I was talking about and kept on saying that Facebook was a third party app and not supported. The fact that a) they bundle it with the phone and b) it was the Gallery I was calling about did not seem to compute with them.

In the Facebook account there is only the option to Sync Contacts - in my Tab S there are three Sync Contacts, Sync Calendar, Sync Photos...although the Tab S is running Android 4.4.2 and the Alpha 4.4.4....

In the Facebook App there is an option to Sync Photos but this syncs photos from the phone TO Facebook but that's all - I am wanting to see my Facebook photos in the Phone gallery.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

seast91

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Alpha - 'Content In Facebook' greyed out in gallery (diff problem to S5)

For anyone else with this if you go into Accounts>Facebook and click on your account name there is a setting Sync My Device. In there is Calendar and Gallery sync.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463