Must say I do like how light the phone is and its size. I'm currently using a Sony experia z1 which is heavy of course in comparison.

I like to take alot of photos with my phone and I can't find anywhere yet on line whose done some serious photos with it so I can see if I should stick to what I have.

Would be a downgrade on screen size but I don't watch many videos on my phone. I leave that for my tablet viewing.

Also noticed not many carriers are really pushing this phone and wonder why?

Photo attached from my current phone from a sunset in Bali

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Think of getting an Alpha-142829.jpg  
    10-31-2014 06:55 AM
    The phone is only available on AT&T. I have one and really like it. The size is perfect to me. I'm not a serious photographer but I've been happy with the pictures this camera takes. If you aren't a super heavy user, the battery on it is just fine. And you can always carry a spare if needed. I'm currently trying to decide between a 2nd Gen moto x and the alpha. There are things I love about both. Good luck!!!
    10-31-2014 07:47 AM
    The phone is only available on AT&T. I have one and really like it. The size is perfect to me. I'm not a serious photographer but I've been happy with the pictures this camera takes. If you aren't a super heavy user, the battery on it is just fine. And you can always carry a spare if needed. I'm currently trying to decide between a 2nd Gen moto x and the alpha. There are things I love about both. Good luck!!!
    I'm in Asia so luckily we don't get restricted like that and Samsung is everywhere as you can imagine. Thanks for your reply. I can get a good 8 hrs with Web use etc on my current phone. If it can do that then I'm happy. Just not seeing alot of buzz on this phone for some reason

10-31-2014 10:07 AM
    Yeah I'm not sure why there wouldn't be more global buzz. I guess everyone wants the next BIG thing lol.
    10-31-2014 10:08 AM
    Yeah I'm not sure why there wouldn't be more global buzz. I guess everyone wants the next BIG thing lol.
    Ha ha ha too funny

10-31-2014 10:09 AM
    Maybe price? The price is a little steep I feel. However, I love that it isn't a big phone.
    10-31-2014 10:10 AM
    Maybe price? The price is a little steep I feel. However, I love that it isn't a big phone.
    Totally.. It's dear for what it is but reminds me of when I used to have a small Nokia that was nice and light and they were expensive too

Attached Thumbnails Think of getting an Alpha-142862.jpg  
    11-01-2014 12:06 AM
    That is a good point!
    11-01-2014 12:06 AM
    This phone has a great design, powerful specs and a very good camera. Some even say that this can go head to head with the iphone 6. Here's a good article that further explains about the Galaxy Alpha and its features: How impressive is the latest Samsung Galaxy Alpha
    11-07-2014 02:11 AM
    Im currently using one right now through at&t and i gotta say it's a great phone all around. It might not have all the specs like the s5 but it performs really well, no lags or stutters. For battery life, I get about 4h 30 ish minutes with heavy to moderate use. If ur deciding, id recommend it.
    limitbreak09 likes this.
    11-08-2014 07:26 PM
    Heck I had the chance to get any latest flagship phone like Note 4 , Iphone 6, Moto X but I picked the Alpha instead...Its just..feels right having this phone..

Denisej and Brandon Lee Roy like this.
    11-08-2014 09:04 PM
    I want to trade my note 3 in for one. But only if I can root the Canadian alpha.
    11-15-2014 01:02 PM