Device Management Update

DiVirus

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. On my AT&T galaxy alpha this has been popping up all day. Mainly after calls and after restart. I Google found few pages with no answers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-19-16-35-54-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-19-16-35-54-1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 30

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Strange - neither my wife or I, both on AT&T, have gotten this. Hold down the notification to see what app is making it, then - your choice - you can force stop the app. At least until you can talk to AT&T to see what's going on.

DiVirus

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Can't seem to stop it. Option is grayed out. It seems to stop on its own after some time. After restart or call it pops up again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-19-16-52-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-19-16-52-18.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 63

moviedude2k

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I am getting this same message. I can also recreate it by toggling airplane mode. I tried plugging into Kies to see if there was an update ... but no luck. Any ideas?

DiVirus

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I had 4.4.4 since I got the phone month ago so that's not it. It shows up after every phone call. It's weird. Just like I said before I couldn't find anything on the internet, or at least useful information. I think contacting AT&T will be very painful and time consuming, might still not get answers.

ctgo4it

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got update yesterday. Since then my phone has had terrible phone e service, dropped calls all day in spots I usually have full coverage. And battery drained muchuch quicker than normal. Anyone else have this?
How can I downgrade back to 4.4.3?

zeewhiz

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My phone is running 4.4.4. version already but for the last two days, it gave me messages that it was downloading updates. It created no issues and finally in the late afternoon yesterday I got a popup that said the operating system had been updated and would restart in X many minutes. It does still say Android Version 4.4.4.

I notice no changes to anything yet though. LOL I sort of thought maybe they'd correct some of the instructions using broken English that make no sense.

ctgo4it

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Update:
I went to ATT device support center after replacing my Sim card. They did a factory reset and reflashed the software. Still having same issues, but they refuse to load the previous firmware for me. I guess next step will be device replacement...

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That's the AT&T OTA update app. Just let it update your phone and it will go away. Sometimes, there are small updates to fix some minor bugs, not necessary related to Android OS update.

You can't downgrade firmware without going through hell:
* you need find a copy of old firmware (check samfirmware.com) that targets your specific model. Samsung makes gazillion variants of the same phone. So make sure you find the correct one.
* you will have to manually put your phone into download mode.
* You need download ODIN3 on your PC and use it to push firmware to your phone that is already in download mode.
* Pray the process won't brick your phone (yes, it happens).
* It will wipe out everything on your phone (your settings, data, photo and apps).

OTA updates don't have any of these hassles but you can only update what it currently offered by the server. There is no way to go back.

Even if you downgraded, you will still face the same update prompt because that's how AT&T force your phone to do.