Wireless charging sticker

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Bought it on amazon and it works perfectly.

I like it better than the official solution because it lets me use a case.

You can find it on amazon if you search for "Alpha SlimPWRcard - 0.5mm Qi Receiver for Samsung Galaxy Alpha with integrated NFC coil".

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• lh6.googleusercontent.jpg
    lh6.googleusercontent.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 30

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Does it cause back case to bulge a little bit? Some reviews seem to indicate that and cause it won't fit into certain case.

carldc

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
My concern, too. I was THIS CLOSE to ordering one last night. Then I read the review on Amazon.com that said it wouldn't fit with the S-view cover. That's my Holy Grail.
Still, I can see the attraction. I used a similar setup with my S4 Mini before I got my current Alpha. There was a slight bulge in back, but we all know how flexible (flimsy?) standard Galaxy back covers are. It worked quite well.
When someone figures out wireless charging with an S-view cover, please shout it from the rooftops!

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My other concern is that since the coil is sticky taped on to the battery, it will make swapping battery a little bit difficult if you are out for a long trip without place to charge the battery.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Since OP doesn't care about responding. I folded a paper to the same size and thickness of the coil and tried to see how the back cover fits. It doesn't look right. Although you can force the cover to close on all four sides, the center just bulges up and makes the back side of the phone look really ugly. So, I'd suggest those who maybe interested in this look for OEM charging back instead.

DejanGjorgjevikj

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Slim enough to fit under the original cover, no issues with NFC...
Worked perfect under Kitkat 4.4.4 - charged the phone reasonably fast (to 100%) on three different charging pads (one brand, 2 Chinese) with no issues.
Problem:
After updating to Lollipop 5.0.2 (official French version) charges the phone only to 75% and than stops (on all 3 pads). The official Samsung EP-CG850IBEGWW charging case cover charges the phone to 100% even after Lollipop update.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I too have bought the wireless charging coil. Although it is as slim as it can be, the back case is not completely flush. You can see clearly where the coil is located from the back cover and the cover around camera lens won't be flush.

However, I have no problem charging pass 75% with AT&T Lollipop update.