I've just gotten my Galaxy Alpha, and I've always been prone to listening to music in my car. I used to listen to my iPhone 5 through the car's speakers, merely using an aux cable from the aux entrance in the radio connected to the iPhone headphone jack. However, with the Galaxy Alpha, when I connect it it doesn't immediately say "Earphones Connected" [i.e. it doesn't recognize it], but rather after the second/third try of unplugging and plugging it does work. Also, it works when I connect one aux cable, it isn't recognize, and then it will recognize the other one when I switch. My car is a Jeep. Any ideas on why this is happening?
    02-08-2015 08:07 PM
    Assume you have the standard aux cable which carries L and R audio only (no MIC), it sounds like the plug on the cable doesn't contact with the ear phone socket on the phone very well. I tried mine with a standard headphone and it recognizes right away.

If your aux cable has MIC signal as well, e.g., it has four metal rings on the plug instead of 3 rings (L,R and ground), and your audio receiver on the car is designed to work with iPhones, you may have a compatibility problem. All iDevices reverses the MIC ring with ground ring and totally incompatible with rest of the smartphone world. 3-ring plugs short the MIC and ground together, so there is no compatibility problem.
    02-09-2015 10:57 AM
    I upgraded my Galaxy S5 to lollipop as well and when I plugged in my car's aux cable into my phone and... nothing. Mind you, it worked the same day before I upgraded. Now nothing. My earbuds work with it, my headphones work with my phone. When i plug in different media to the car, it works just fine. But my S5 plugged into my car. Nope, nothing.
    02-10-2015 03:25 PM