New Anfroid User (from iOS) with questions about my Galaxy Alpha

markconway11

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

I recently switched from an iPhone 6 to a Galaxy Alpha and have a few questions which you may be able to help me with (I hope).

(1) Every time I get into my car (VW Touareg 2014) the Bluetooth kicks in and works fine BUT for some reason it doesn't understand the ringtone I have on my Samsung (24 CTU tune). Instead it rings some well annoying tune at the same time as my handset rings with my 24 ringtone. I cant see settings on the phone to change this and you can edit the ringtone on my car display BUT what I don't understand is why this is happening as my iPhone just rang as it should out of the car speakers and the actual handset was silent when it was connected by Bluetooth. Any idea how to fix this?

(2) When will Android 5.0 lollipop be available in the UK for the Alpha?

(3) How can I stop the message showing on the lock screen. I did something to stop showing the preview but now it just says "message" instead. I want to remove it altogether.

Thanks very much. I really like the phones design and the ability to personalise BUT it is taking some getting used to and these two things are a bit annoying. Your help is appreciated!!

Mark

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Not sure about 1.

2. Difficult to say. Samsung, like any other OEM, will update the flagships first, which is the S5 and Note 4. I would guess the Alpha will get 5.0, it's just a question of when.

3. Do you have a Lock screen option in Settings?

anon(5816156)

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
For the settings of messages notification on lock screen, you should go to Messages > Settings (on more option or hold multitasking button) > Notifications

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000