Recennt apps key not working after updating to Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on SM-G850F. Any ideas?

Kai Tay

May 2, 2015
Visit site
So ive basically updated to android 5.0.2 and the key didnt work. It managed to work once or twice when I enabled touch sensitivity, but it would stop working a few minutes later and I need to disable and enable the touch sensitivity in order to access the task manager menu. I am also sure that the recent apps key is working on my phone because I have tried downgrading back to kitkat and it worked fine.(In which i though that lollipop is a really good software,therefore I have decided to use it and hopefully find a fix.Anyone have the same problems as this or a fix to this?

(P.S If its a lollipop software bug, then i don't recommend anyone to update their galaxy alpha to this version unless they do not mind about the recent apps key not working.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwIMHgBwQgg

pimdiddih

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey does anybody know when OTA is released to all countries. Im waiting update in finland, i want that update..

Posted via the Android Central App

Kai Tay

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm not really sure but I'm using odin to update the phone (since I live in asia)... Oh yeah does it also cause the recent app button to be disabled?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There are similar reports when AT&T G850A Lollipop OTA was released. It happens to some. As far as I remember, there is no solution yet (you have to flash back to KitKat).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey does anybody know when OTA is released to all countries. Im waiting update in finland, i want that update..

Posted via the Android Central App

In the future, please start a new thread if you have a question that is unrelated to the OP.