Hi! My Samsung Galaxy Alpha (which was purchased about 6 months ago) has started making a random clicking-type noise while on silent. Almost like a camera shutter. It happens every few days and lasts about five seconds. Other people have heard it and were shocked at how loud it was. There is no apparent notification, but it always happens when I'm using the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem?! I've googled everything I can think of, but there's nothing. Help!

P.S. I installed the lollipop update about a month ago, and this started about 2 weeks ago.
    05-02-2015 05:11 AM
    Hi! My Samsung Galaxy Alpha (which was purchased about 6 months ago) has started making a random clicking-type noise while on silent. Almost like a camera shutter. It happens every few days and lasts about five seconds. Other people have heard it and were shocked at how loud it was. There is no apparent notification, but it always happens when I'm using the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem?! I've googled everything I can think of, but there's nothing. Help!

P.S. I installed the lollipop update about a month ago, and this started about 2 weeks ago.
    My daughter's galaxy alpha has been doing it. They are sending out her third warranty phone because the first two have done it and we don't know what's causing it. Have you found out why yours is doing it?
    05-10-2015 01:41 PM
    I am having same issue. Its very random and can come anytime. Any one found the resolution? Very upset with this noise
    08-04-2015 12:59 PM
    Im Experiencing the same problem. As well as my bottom buttons (back key and menu key) go out sporadically. I just filed my second insurance claim in less that 2months.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-31-2015 04:27 PM

Yea, i had the issue since updating to android 5. Annoying static clicking sound for a few seconds now and then when i try to do something. Infuriating
    09-14-2015 02:12 PM
    Will never be a resolution to this, while Samsung quietly pulls the Alpha after a couple months of sales...wonder if the newer A3, A5 make noise too.
    01-28-2016 08:02 PM
    First off, Its patheti. This website is unusable ON MY ANDROID!!!! Second. The alpha is beautiful and as useless as this website. Ive had the mic go out within 24 hours of purchase, 2 or 3 ExchAnges for clicking and lolipop tanking th
    05-17-2016 11:32 PM
    First off, Its patheti. This website is unusable ON MY ANDROID!!!! Second. The alpha is beautiful and as useless as this website. Ive had the mic go out within 24 hours of purchase, 2 or 3 ExchAnges for clicking and lolipop tanking th
    Good job berating the very people trying to help you. I'm sure you are proud.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    05-22-2016 08:33 PM

Hello there my Galaxy note 4 keeps making a little clicking sound like I'd the phone itself was taking a snap shot was wondering if u got a solution
    11-21-2016 10:00 PM