Alpha 5.0.2

Kngmths

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I just installed the 5.0.2 on my Alpha..
After i installed it my "window" button stopped working.. The button just left for the home button.. My "go back" button works just fine and the lights turn on for both of them but only one of them works..
Any suggetstions? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the 5.0.2 on my Alpha..
After i installed it my "window" button stopped working.. The button just left for the home button.. My "go back" button works just fine and the lights turn on for both of them but only one of them works..
Any suggetstions? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

It is a known issue on certain Alpha, not all. Unfortunately, you will not like the solution: you either have to downgrade back to KitKat or get a new phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you are still in warranty Samsung should handle that, if you have carrier insurance, the carrier can handle that.

moviedude2k

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
My main concern with upgrading is the potential bugs and lack of performance that may arrive with said update. 5.0.2 is it... samsung and At&t scrapped this phone after a couple months on the market (not cool) My alpha works great on kitkat ... I get 17+ hours of use on a 50% battery usage. Cannot complain! What does everyone think? Is it worth it to upgrade to the latest greatest in lolipop or just keep enjoying a problem free phone?

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I say DEFINITELY enjoy what you have now.
My Alpha 850M has cool black menus which turn ugly white on Lollipop and there's lots of bugs etc. and not many benefits IMO.I will not upgrade.
Android M with RAW Camera support may possibly be better but still..
Lollipop is larger , uses more RAM probably not as battery efficient on Alpha.

On S6 it makes more sense to upgrade for development and fixes but not for Alpha IMO.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Adroid M will be even buggier than Lollipop. That's just the nature of software development. Software development of a platform need a few years to mature. No way around. It is simply unrealistic to expect next new version will be less buggier than current version. But you will get new features for sure.

So, I always look forward to new firmware versions bugs or not. If I like stay put to have a stable old version of Android, I will simply keep my old phone. Why upgrade?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles