Still NO Lollipop update ? - help

nelaid

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey there, I had purchased Galaxy Alpha exactly a year ago which was the time when Lollipop started rolling out. I live in Czech Republic, which is the center of Europe and I still haven't received the Lollipop update. I tried Smartswitch in case my wifi update would get lost on the way to my phone, but no. The gorgeous Samsung support told me (3 times) - " I don't know when Czech will have the update available" which is just awesome, when you realize that Alpha costed me 600$ and yet I have 3 years old android firmware. Can somebody please tell me what to do, before I choose to never buy any Samsung device again?

Thanks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, if the lollipop update isn't pushed by Samsung then there isn't much we can do.

crammpa

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I know most of Europe should have gotten Lollipop by now. Some Samsung devices should have Marshmallow by now. The only thing I can think that could stop you from getting the update is that Samsung discontinued the Galaxy Alpha a few months after its release. The fact that Samsung turned their back on this device shouldn't stop your SP from supporting a device they sold you. I would think that if Samsung released the update to Service Providers all over the world then your SP is the reason you're not getting it, Check with them. I'm assuming you have the SM-G850F and have seen Lollipop downloads all over the net for that model.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon