Why can't I send photos attached to Text Messages?

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Cannot Send Photos attached to Text Messages

Hi, All. We've had our Alfa 850a's so a few days. We bought them new from Amazon unlocked. We were already Tmobile customers with nexus 4's. We got new sim cards and have done everything on line so far. We pretty much like the Alfa's better than the Nexus 4's except all the ATT stuff on them. They came with Kitkat. We did have Lollipop on our Nexus phones (made by LG).

Although we can send text messages, we don't seem to be able to attach any photos to our text messages. I've tried to find a solution to this problem, via on-line research, but the solutions are not consistent such as either have your wifi on or have it off to send texts. I have left our wifi on which is 66mps. That's the highest speed for our rural area. We do have 5 bars on both cell and wifi. I've even tried reducing the photo size to 1k, but that didn't work either. I would really appreciate any suggestions/help. Thanks (Yes, I tried rebooting.)

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot Send Photos attached to Text Messages

Hi, All. We've had our Alfa 850a's so a few days. We bought them new from Amazon unlocked. We were already Tmobile customers with nexus 4's. We got new sim cards and have done everything on line so far. We pretty much like the Alfa's better than the Nexus 4's except all the ATT stuff on them. They came with Kitkat. We did have Lollipop on our Nexus phones (made by LG).

Although we can send text messages, we don't seem to be able to attach any photos to our text messages. I've tried to find a solution to this problem, via on-line research, but the solutions are not consistent such as either have your wifi on or have it off to send texts. I have left our wifi on which is 66mps. That's the highest speed for our rural area. We do have 5 bars on both cell and wifi. I've even tried reducing the photo size to 1k, but that didn't work either. I would really appreciate any suggestions/help. Thanks (Yes, I tried rebooting.)

Unlocked phone, sounds like you need to input the correct APN info into the new phone.
Whom ever your provider is Search for example AT&T APN Settings. And follow the instructions. Almost guaranteed this is the issue

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781