I've felt like the battery dies quickly for a while now but with the release of pokemon go the problem is that much more prominent.

I think pokemon took 10% battery in 5 minutes.

I've had this samsung galaxy alpha for about 1 year and 8 months.
    Few weeks ago (? Or few months) the phone started to sometimes just shut off. It would be at like 40% and then drop to 0% and then go back up to around 40% when I checked the battery stats. I haven't had that problem in a week or two though. I have read that it dropping to 0% and then back up like that means the battery is crap.

Like I've did I've said I felt like the battery was bad for a very long time. Maybe since I got it but I didn't think too much off it because I would use my phone a lot. Kik has been what takes most of my battery. Although a friend with w different android phone said that kik didn't take nearly as much battery as mine did.

Today.
    Today I Didn't use my phone that much and wanted to see how long it would last.
    I had my WiFi off when I was outside. On when I was inside. GPS was off 98% of the time. Bluetooth was off 100% of the time. Screen brightness was on auto and power saving mode (without grey scale) was on.

I took maybe 3 pictures and spent most of the time on kik or chrome. Reddit a bit.

It lasted about 5 hours.
    http://puu.sh/q7f4X/8fdfa196ef.png
    http://puu.sh/q7f5j/a00c0f6f19.png
    http://puu.sh/q7fkc/0b7d49550e.png (from antutu tester)

I was considering buying a new battery for the phone but I've heard a lot of people complain about the battery. Is it maybe better to just get a new one? (Turn this one in for a discount).

Are there good tips to reduce battery consumption?

I always leave my phone connected to the charger at night because I use it as an alarm and I want it to be at 100% when I leave home. I've heard you're not supposed to die but that had happened a fair amount of times. Although others say the phone shuts down before it actually gets discharged completely (phone says 0% but it's actually x%) so who knows.
    07-19-2016 03:23 PM
    The Alpha has a small battery and battery life seems to be just ok in general. Of course everyone uses their phone differently. The phone shutting off is definitely not normal. You certainly could try a new battery and that may help. If you are happy with your phone, why not spend a few dollars and try a new battery? If you aren't really happy with the phone, then why waste the money at all and just trade it in? In my opinion, if you plan on playing a lot of Pokemon Go, I would probably trade the phone in for something with better battery life in general. Good luck!
    07-19-2016 03:39 PM
    Samsung is not updating Alpha for last 8 months I think they are going to close, i.e. stop operations. Be careful with their products !
    12-31-2016 01:37 PM