So, I've had this phone since march 2015. Starting around October or November 2016, it started to have some really bad issues. The battery drains extremely fast, (Within less than an hour, it's probably about 15-30 minutes) and also overheats. It will also shut off before it's at 0%, this normally happens once it gets to 30%, though it's happened at 70% before. Sometimes, when I try to turn it on, even at a high percentage, it shuts off almost immediately after and when I go to charge it the percentage is shown far, far below what it was when I had it on and spent time charging it to 100%. I've tried factory resetting it, clearing the cache partition, I always put it in power-save mode. Hell, I've even tried those battery saving apps, and nothing helps. I really enjoyed this phone, but it's gotten to the point where it is unusable. I mean, my 4th generation iPod touch works better than this phone. Any help or advice into this situation would be great.
    03-25-2017 08:16 PM
    So, I've had this phone since march 2015. Starting around October or November 2016, it started to have some really bad issues. The battery drains extremely fast, (Within less than an hour, it's probably about 15-30 minutes) and also overheats. It will also shut off before it's at 0%, this normally happens once it gets to 30%, though it's happened at 70% before. Sometimes, when I try to turn it on, even at a high percentage, it shuts off almost immediately after and when I go to charge it the percentage is shown far, far below what it was when I had it on and spent time charging it to 100%. I've tried factory resetting it, clearing the cache partition, I always put it in power-save mode. Hell, I've even tried those battery saving apps, and nothing helps. I really enjoyed this phone, but it's gotten to the point where it is unusable. I mean, my 4th generation iPod touch works better than this phone. Any help or advice into this situation would be great.
    Try reinstalling apps 1 at a time to see if any of those are causing issues. Seems it may be a rouge app. If that doesn't work try getting a new battery and see if that helps?
    03-25-2017 08:41 PM
    Try reinstalling apps 1 at a time to see if any of those are causing issues. Seems it may be a rouge app. If that doesn't work try getting a new battery and see if that helps?
    I have no apps on my phone currently, aside from all of the default ones pre-installed that I cannot get rid of. And I've been thinking about getting a new battery for a while, so I guess I'll try that here in a few days. Thanks anyway!
    03-25-2017 08:56 PM