Why am I able to receive random text messages?

A

AC Question

I can't receive "random" texts.

I got Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G361F. I have a long conversation with a person who has the exact same phone as me. And sometimes i don't receive a text, the other person always receives mine. And those texts never show up.

I don't know if this is connected but i have seen some strange things on my phone. Like in the application manager, i got 3 "Phone" applications. All with different size, but same icon and description. How can i have 3 Phone applications??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is there any pattern to the texts you don't receive? For example, do they all come from iPhone users?

Have you discussed this with your carrier? It may be worth trying a replacement SIM.
The 3 different listings for Phone might be for separate components. On my 6P, in Settings>Apps, I see Phone, Phone and Messaging Storage, Phone Call Management, and Phone Services--all with the same icon. Perhaps the multiple listings you have are analogous to this, but the manufacturer decided not to name them specifically.

ForeignerBD

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! From all i know there isn't a pattern, i mostly just text a person who has the exact same phone as me.
I talked to the carrier and i have to pay for a new SIM if i want so. And I'm gonna go to their support to test my SIM. But I have this phone since September, and I don't have a record of this happening with my previous phone. The only thing that changed was they had to cut my SIM to Mini SIM I think.

As for the the 3 different Phone listings, I think you are right. Because my friend has them too.

ForeignerBD

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I also had a problem with using a code "*#100" which in my carrier gives info in your money and remaining free texts. The error when using this code was that I had to first end all my connections and then use it. I talked to the support and they said that this error happens when you have data ON, and said to turn it off and then reboot. I did that, but same thing happened. And they didn't gave me another solution.

After some research i tried changing my network mode from LTE/WCSMA/GSM to WCDMA/GSM. I tried the code and it worked immediately. Does this means my phone was using data, even when i had it OFF? Does 4G work with data OFF or is it always looking for 4G in my area? And could this data being used even with data OFF, affect my texts not being received? Sorry for some many questions but i need to understand this problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's always some risk of damaging a SIM card if you have to cut it. So if this problem only started after they cut the SIM, I'd definitely try a new SIM--preferably one that fits the phone without having to be cut.

I'm not sure about the network question. Which carrier do you have? Does your phone have VoLTE capability? If so, and if your phone was set to VoLTE, then maybe the #100 code doesn't work over LTE, and will only work when you have VoLTE off or have forced the phone to go to WCDMA.

ForeignerBD

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
My carrier is Vodafone from Portugal. I don't know if my phone has VoLTE capability, how can i check that? My carrier told me yesterday that this code doesn't work with 4G I guess it's because of your explanation. But they can't figure out the text problem.. I think it can be a firmware problem or something like that. Is this phone known for problems like this? I have multiple KNOX applications on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000