Why does my screen go black when on a phone call and need to push speaker or numbers?

kacy 1219 up

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
why does my screen go black when on phone call and need to push speaker or numbers?

.i have a galaxy core prime and when I try to push buttons while on call, phone blacks out. sometimes when trying to push speaker, but mostly when I am calling a business. they will instruct to push "1" for this option or "2" for another option, so on. please help. thank you in advance.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: why does my screen go black when on phone call and need to push speaker or numbers?

Usually that happens when the sensor on the front of the phone gets covered up by your hand. Even if you are not touching it, the light sensor tells when it starts to get a shadow on it, and it goes to sleep ASAP, because it assumes that you are trying to put your phone to your face. When using the dialpad for IVR entry, I always make sure I hold the phone at a 75-90 degree angle from the ground. Samsung devices (even my Note 5) tend to be a little sensitive to that.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: why does my screen go black when on phone call and need to push speaker or numbers?

:cool: Yeah-Krisguy advices are worthy put in practice. Also have the
Phone Timeout to at least 2-3mins it helps to keep the Screen
On longer. I've been in that situation mentioned by Kacy

Calling my bank or when enter a Ccard is a pain. I use a slight touch on the
Turn on-off power button To light up the screen again,.Try on next time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol