Incoming call overrides the call I am in w/o touching the keypad or screen!

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
My wife is constantly complaining that her Galaxy Core Prime automatically answers an incoming call and makes it a conference call! I didn't believe her until tonight, while in the car she was chatting away and a call came in. Instantly she had to hang up, telling the person she was talking to," I've got an incoming call, I'll call you back!" Lo and behold she could talk to the NEW caller without touching the screen or keypad. She then had to end that call and call the original caller back again.....the first caller could hear the new caller!:eek:

Is there a setting that I have wrong on her phone that would cause this? If it's a 'feature' it's sort of lame and I don't see any point to it. OR is there something physically or electrically wrong with the phone that is causing this? My exact same phone doesn't behave like this.:)

Thank you all in advance :D

Norad 25544

Last edited:

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Have a poke around in phone.... Settings.. Answering and ending calls...
You may have "Auto answer while connected to....." enabled.

Staying in calls /phone menus, as you scroll down in settings, look for more settings. That should take you to the call waiting menu where you can set the device up to forward incoming calls when busy to voice mail etc...

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
HI Tim1954,

I looked in the settings as you described, couldn't really find a whole lot. There was no "Auto answer when connected" dialogue anywhere. Remember this is a cheap phone, maybe it doesn't have all the settings an expensive one would :)

I did change a setting on the phone back to its default. To answer a call you have to swipe the green connect button. I had it set for a single tap to answer a call. Thought it would be easier for her to remember, we tried being in a call between us and then calling her phone from the home/wired phone. She could hear the incoming call beeping in the phone but it never lost connection to my phone. So maybe....maybe... that got it sorted, time will tell. I'll let you know if it continues to automatically engage a conference call.

My thought is that with that one tap answer setting, she is accidentally touching the screen, to see who the third party caller is and accidentally makes it go to a conference call. we'll see!

Thanks very much,

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
That could well be it.. Thing with these touch phones is that if you touch them they do stuff..... ;-)
Well done for trouble shooting and thanks for coming back to tell us!
Happy Days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech