After rooting the Core Prime with Magisk and TWRP, here I sit wondering what to do next. I thought it would be a simple task to remove the junk I didn't want from the phone. I find that is not so. Sure I can use and app that needs root to work, that's fine. But as you all know the files / apps aren't listed by names you'd recognize and you sure can raise hob if you remove the wrong one accidentally.

So to sum it up it was an interesting experience and I learned a lot. But I failed to accomplish my goal. My hat is off to those here who helped me complete the job, I admire your expertise.

I can't see a custom ROM doing much to improve things other than a different appearance etc I'm sure there are plenty of them out there that are great but don't apply to my device.

So I'll stick with W7 and Linux Mint and watch from the sidelines.

It was an interesting few weeks.

Thanks to all,

25544 Norad
    12-07-2019 02:29 PM
    After rooting the Core Prime with Magisk and TWRP, here I sit wondering what to do next. I thought it would be a simple task to remove the junk I didn't want from the phone. I find that is not so. Sure I can use and app that needs root to work, that's fine. But as you all know the files / apps aren't listed by names you'd recognize and you sure can raise hob if you remove the wrong one accidentally.

So to sum it up it was an interesting experience and I learned a lot. But I failed to accomplish my goal. My hat is off to those here who helped me complete the job, I admire your expertise.

I can't see a custom ROM doing much to improve things other than a different appearance etc I'm sure there are plenty of them out there that are great but don't apply to my device.

So I'll stick with W7 and Linux Mint and watch from the sidelines.

It was an interesting few weeks.

Thanks to all,

25544 Norad
    Hi, that's why it's not popular as it once was to root your phone but you gained experience which is good thing
    12-07-2019 02:45 PM
    Hi, that's why it's not popular as it once was to root your phone but you gained experience which is good thing
    mustange7757, You were one of the ones that helped me and I appreciate it. Have a good holiday season and best wishes to you all. Great forum!

25544 Norad
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-07-2019 06:56 PM
    mustange7757, You were one of the ones that helped me and I appreciate it. Have a good holiday season and best wishes to you all. Great forum!

25544 Norad
    Your welcome
    Happy Holidays and glad to have you here with us in the forums!
    12-07-2019 07:36 PM