Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Gets Very Hot !!

jigneshdesai

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
We are from India . My Father has a Samsung Galaxy Core 2 which he bought around a year back . It gets pretty hot (including the charger) (i) while it's charging (ii) while on a call (iii) While downloading . We have taken a 3GB 3G UnLtd Data Pack . And a few days back , because of this heating problem , the Charging gets stopped and an Error message is displayed on the screen , a snapshot of which , I am attaching with this Question .

The other problem that started recently is that when someone calls , the name displayed is of someone else . We have given the mobile to our local Samsung service centre for repair .

I have 2 Questions : -
(1) Do ALL Android phones get very hot (especially when using a 3G connection) ? IN OTHER WORDS , IS IT NORMAL FOR SAMSUNG ANDROID PHONES OR ALL ANDROID PHONES IN GENERAL TO GET VERY HOT ??? WHY WOULD OUR PHONE , PARTICULARLY , HAVE STARTED TO GET SO HOT TO THE POINT THAT CHARGING STOPS & AN ERROR MESSAGE IS DISPLAYED !! This amounts to a MalFunction . Could it be a Battery Problem ?

(2) For the Wrong Caller Name Display problem , the Service Centre lady told that the only way out would be to manually register all the Phone Contacts again as THE CONTACT BOOK FILE MUST HAVE GOT CORRUPTED .

I have taken a backup in my P.C. but Samsung Software Saves the File in a format called .spb which I am unable to open (In order to take a Print-Out from which we can register all the Contacts once again into the phone ) .

What to do ?

Attachments

• Photo0012.jpg
    Photo0012.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 0

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Not all phones get hot to the point where they error out. There could have been something wrong with his phone related to a drop or getting wet some how.

When you get the new phone in you should be able to just restore the contacts from Samsung Kies. You should be able to edit them before you put them on the new phone. I would check and verify that all the contacts are correct and that someones name was not accidentally put in the wrong contact.