So this phone had a smashed screen, I took it to a little phone shop in london of which there are millions and he fixed it for me, charged me 80 pounds.
    I've not touched the phone since as I immediately found it was locked to my aussie service provider.
    Today my iphone **** itself so I took the samsung in to be unlocked. I turned it on in the morning and it worked....I dropped it at the phone shop and he took it and took my details etc and said come back in a few hours.
    I went back and he said I can't unlock the phone because it doesnt work. The LCD is faulty. I told him he'd replaced the screen a few weeks before and the phone hadn't been used since. He called me a liar and refused to accept any responsibility....
    Basically I'm just wondering what may have gone wrong and what I need to do
    11-04-2015 11:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you actually test the phone after it was replaced the first time?
    11-04-2015 11:24 AM
    sorry just had to join up so i could reply. Yeah the guy that fixed it turned it on to show me it worked and i put my sim in it then realised it was locked. turned it off and haven't touched it since. That was 3 or 4 weeks ago...then this morning i put sim in, turned it on and took it to the shop for them to unlock. when i went to pick it up the said they can't unlock it because the screen doesnt work.
    11-04-2015 11:41 AM
    Are you sure the phone is turning on at all? If you haven't been using it, the battery might be completely dead. Try charging it overnight--if it still doesn't turn on, then try a new battery, since batteries can completely fail if they're allowed to discharge to true zero.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-04-2015 12:45 PM