Call rejction or Call Block not working why?

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Tried to block a call on my Galaxy Core Prime only to find out, that the phone still rings and allows the blocked/rejected caller to leave a message. So I guess the question is what am I doing wrong? it seems pretty self explanatory to reject a call. I was surprised to find it doesn't work.:mad: Seems a bit pointless if it doesn't work.

Thanks,

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tried to block a call on my Galaxy Core Prime only to find out, that the phone still rings and allows the blocked/rejected caller to leave a message. So I guess the question is what am I doing wrong? it seems pretty self explanatory to reject a call. I was surprised to find it doesn't work.:mad: Seems a bit pointless if it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Hi, if you can make a account here so me or other members here can help you .
Have you checked in phone dialer app settings?

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I have been a member here for years, I don't know what you are asking me to do.

I am using the prompt that says " Add to Block List" I then see a small circle icon showing the "international NO" Symbol ( with a 45degree slash on it ), indicating the number is blocked.. allegedly. Plus when I go into the blocked list, it offers me a chance to remove any number from the blocked list. When I do that the icon disappears showing its UN-blocked. Right now it's meaningless but that’s what I am seeing.

Thanks, 25544

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have been a member here for years, I don't know what you are asking me to do.

I am using the prompt that says " Add to Block List" I then see a small circle icon showing the "international NO" Symbol ( with a 45degree slash on it ), indicating the number is blocked.. allegedly. Plus when I go into the blocked list, it offers me a chance to remove any number from the blocked list. When I do that the icon disappears showing its UN-blocked. Right now it's meaningless but that’s what I am seeing.

Thanks, 25544
My bad sorry.
Go through so many forum questions.
So might want to look in Do not disturb as it has more options.

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Can also see if you have the option in your dialer settings block unknown callers ?

Yes and it is checked.

Unknown numbers are one thing, ones that I know and don't want them calling me and getting through is more the issue. I have good success with the free 'NOMOROBO" that can block robo calls on my cell and my home phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you block calls at the phone level, the phone basically ignores them, which then triggers you voicemail to pick up. Most spam callers don't leave one. If you are getting voice mails, then you need those numbers blocked at the carrier level. I know with Verizon that is a paid option, but not sure about other carriers. If it's spammers that are the issue, then there isn't many solutions right now because they just spoof a new number and call back.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes and it is checked.

Unknown numbers are one thing, ones that I know and don't want them calling me and getting through is more the issue. I have good success with the free 'NOMOROBO" that can block robo calls on my cell and my home phone.
Hahaha gotcha , I'm surprised that you blocked that person it still went through, you can also talk to your carrier about that , if I remember correctly some carriers let you do that online in your account.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you block calls at the phone level, the phone basically ignores them, which then triggers you voicemail to pick up. Most spam callers don't leave one. If you are getting voice mails, then you need those numbers blocked at the carrier level. I know with Verizon that is a paid option, but not sure about other carriers. If it's spammers that are the issue, then there isn't many solutions right now because they just spoof a new number and call back.
This a person they know and wants blocked

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I missed that. XD

But still, carrier level blocking may be the solution to avoid it going to voicemail. And if this one specific person is getting to the point of harassment, maybe talk to local police and see if a restraining order may be an option.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I missed that. XD

But still, carrier level blocking may be the solution to avoid it going to voicemail. And if this one specific person is getting to the point of harassment, maybe talk to local police and see if a restraining order may be an option.
Agree.. hopefully dont go that far

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

I did look at the Do Not Disturb option, it has so many variations that it might be just as simple to not answer a number you don't recognize.

I'll contact MetroPCS and see about carrier level blocking, they may not offer it but I can check their web page and see. Seems that the things that are created to make life easier are making it harder in the end! :D

Thanks for the help and advice!

Cheers from 25544

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did look at the Do Not Disturb option, it has so many variations that it might be just as simple to not answer a number you don't recognize.

I'll contact MetroPCS and see about carrier level blocking, they may not offer it but I can check their web page and see. Seems that the things that are created to make life easier are making it harder in the end! :D

Thanks for the help and advice!

Cheers from 25544
Your welcome Good luck , cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac