Galaxy Fold - USB charging slow, USB data not working.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all

Here the the symptoms of my device:

1. Not charging using Samsung charger

2. Very very slow charging using third party phone charger - 60% to full is quoted to take 3 hours ("Device charging slowly" message appears)

3. USB completely disabled - not detected by computer, USB-C to HDMI no longer working

4. Strangely, connecting to third party laptop USB-C charger (Lenovo) causes Fast Charging to happen

The product is under warranty, but I am stuck abroad due to covid, so am unable to use the warranty at the country I am stuck in.

I have tried to replace the charging board at a nearby Samsung Service Center for a fee - does not fix the problem.

I suspect there may have been a short circuit, but I don't know if the symptoms above are consistent with a short circuit.

Is there any software fix I can try before FexEx-ing my device to the warranty Samsung Service center back home at a price of over $300 return?

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Here the the symptoms of my device:

1. Not charging using Samsung charger

2. Very very slow charging using third party phone charger - 60% to full is quoted to take 3 hours ("Device charging slowly" message appears)

3. USB completely disabled - not detected by computer, USB-C to HDMI no longer working

4. Strangely, connecting to third party laptop USB-C charger (Lenovo) causes Fast Charging to happen

The product is under warranty, but I am stuck abroad due to covid, so am unable to use the warranty at the country I am stuck in.

I have tried to replace the charging board at a nearby Samsung Service Center for a fee - does not fix the problem.

I suspect there may have been a short circuit, but I don't know if the symptoms above are consistent with a short circuit.

Is there any software fix I can try before FexEx-ing my device to the warranty Samsung Service center back home at a price of over $300 return?

No way I would pay that much in shipping. That’s just crazy.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I would try another or buy another charging cable and charger since it work with a 3rd party fast charger .