Hi all

Here the the symptoms of my device:

1. Not charging using Samsung charger

2. Very very slow charging using third party phone charger - 60% to full is quoted to take 3 hours ("Device charging slowly" message appears)

3. USB completely disabled - not detected by computer, USB-C to HDMI no longer working

4. Strangely, connecting to third party laptop USB-C charger (Lenovo) causes Fast Charging to happen

The product is under warranty, but I am stuck abroad due to covid, so am unable to use the warranty at the country I am stuck in.

I have tried to replace the charging board at a nearby Samsung Service Center for a fee - does not fix the problem.

I suspect there may have been a short circuit, but I don't know if the symptoms above are consistent with a short circuit.

Is there any software fix I can try before FexEx-ing my device to the warranty Samsung Service center back home at a price of over $300 return?
    07-28-2020 03:54 AM
    Ouch!! That is a painful price to ship it back. It does sound like a warranty issue though.
    07-28-2020 05:23 AM
    Hi all

Here the the symptoms of my device:

1. Not charging using Samsung charger

2. Very very slow charging using third party phone charger - 60% to full is quoted to take 3 hours ("Device charging slowly" message appears)

3. USB completely disabled - not detected by computer, USB-C to HDMI no longer working

4. Strangely, connecting to third party laptop USB-C charger (Lenovo) causes Fast Charging to happen

The product is under warranty, but I am stuck abroad due to covid, so am unable to use the warranty at the country I am stuck in.

I have tried to replace the charging board at a nearby Samsung Service Center for a fee - does not fix the problem.

I suspect there may have been a short circuit, but I don't know if the symptoms above are consistent with a short circuit.

Is there any software fix I can try before FexEx-ing my device to the warranty Samsung Service center back home at a price of over $300 return?
    No way I would pay that much in shipping. That’s just crazy.
    07-28-2020 11:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you replaced the charging board, did that also include the USB port itself? If not, have you already made sure the USB port is completely clear of any debris?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-28-2020 11:34 AM
    I would try another or buy another charging cable and charger since it work with a 3rd party fast charger .
    07-28-2020 12:12 PM