Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 - Pre ordering?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Z fold 2 has some minor flaws but a great device. I couldn't go back to the s20 ultra or the note 20 + it would seem like a big downgrade
The Fold 2 is a nice device and whenever I use it I do realize that but the Note 20/U is a great device too and I realize now how it's just more of a convenient device to use. While the Fold has this big display the Note's is big too and it certainly is big enough. The Fold is just extra. Both are really great devices, just wish it was as easy to protect the Fold as it is the Note.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It seems the novelty of this device and others like will it wear off and people will get bored of it just like the slab phones.
What I keep coming back to is that in everyday use the Note provides a media consumption experience that's close enough to that which I get from the Fold 2, cameras and durability that are better. I really like the Fold 2 but I don't know if I like it enough to keep it. Since I don't feel really comfortable taking it out and about without a case and Sammy has made it so that I can't get one it's utility is diminished greatly. No such worries with rhe Notes. I hope I stick it out though. When I briefly had the original Fold and returned it I missed it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
What I keep coming back to is that in everyday use the Note provides a media consumption experience that's close enough to that which I get from the Fold 2, cameras and durability that are better. I really like the Fold 2 but I don't know if I like it enough to keep it. Since I don't feel really comfortable taking it out and about without a case and Sammy has made it so that I can't get one it's utility is diminished greatly. No such worries with rhe Notes. I hope I stick it out though. When I briefly had the original Fold and returned it I missed it.

The case situation for this phone has been atrocious LOL. You would think Sʌᴍsᴜɴɢ would have known that people would want to protect their $2000 investment.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It seems the novelty of this device and others like will it wear off and people will get bored of it just like the slab phones.

I dont get bored with it. It's a fun and really fantastic device. The novelty and fun factor is still there. I just don't find it as comfortable to use as an everyday device as the Note 20 Ultra. When closed and laying in my bed it's long and skinny and heavy. Even with my big hands the finger gymnastics it takes to navigate the screen makes my hands uncomfortable. I ordered a spigen flex strap to attach to the back of it to see if that helps with handling it for one handed use. Honestly, if I didn't have a Note 20 Ultra sitting next to me and I could find a good case I probably wouldn't even be considering it. But I love the Note 20U more than any phone I've had in the past 10 years. It almost nears perfection in my opinion. May end up just keeping both and selling off the 11 Pro Max.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

My thoughts to a tee. I also had the original Fold and missed it after returning. Nearly pulled the trigger on a used one on swappa several times. For that reason I'll probably end up keeping it and switch between it and the Note. I'll take the Note on my boat and other places that'd I'd be worried about damaging the Fold.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone recommend an in stock case for a reasonable price? I have a screen protector but it’s garbage. Thanks

People on reddit are posting that the Spigen Thin Fit has started shipping from Amazon even though it states not in stock till 10/16

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
My thoughts to a tee. I also had the original Fold and missed it after returning. Nearly pulled the trigger on a used one on swappa several times. For that reason I'll probably end up keeping it and switch between it and the Note. I'll take the Note on my boat and other places that'd I'd be worried about damaging the Fold.
I just have to except that there are gonna be times when the Fold 2 is not suitable to use. My Notes are always suitable and this Note 20U is just about perfect, as you say.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
People on reddit are posting that the Spigen Thin Fit has started shipping from Amazon even though it states not in stock till 10/16

Thanks. Just ordered it. Says between oct 2 and 4 but hopefully sooner. Mobile fun delayed my order even though I paid for expedited shipping. Not happy. Plus I need a better screen protector someone else can put on for me lol. Look what I did to mine
44567cfb94ccd738ab393d2f89a7c11e.jpg

Chris134

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site

I will say that is a part of why I am returning it. I find the technology fascinating when I think about it. I don't know what happened was it I watched too many videos on it but I didn't get that wow factor. I thought it was cool for the first 3 times I unfolded it but the novelty wore off after that and i saw it for all its faults. I love my note 20 ultra and I think overall it offers more for less than the fold.

In a couple years when the technology gets better and they are able to fix durability concerns, add great cameras and spen support i think it will be the phone to get.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I ordered that Spigen thin fit so hopefully I'm included in those early deliveries...I rarely use my phone one handed unless a quick reply... So I'm good getting used to this size...... In bed my main phones go on the charger and the back up Android phone comes out ...

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. Just ordered it. Says between oct 2 and 4 but hopefully sooner. Mobile fun delayed my order even though I paid for expedited shipping. Not happy. Plus I need a better screen protector someone else can put on for me lol. Look what I did to mine
44567cfb94ccd738ab393d2f89a7c11e.jpg
Bro what the ######## is going on there... You def need some help on install LMFAO

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I trust what you’re saying but nope lol. Plus the main screen protector sucks so I’m not using anything on that once I get my cases
All good ...I'm sure that screen will be good enough for daily use ...I'm leaving the factory one till it scratches or something

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae