Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 - Pre ordering?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Haha. Wow. I've never tried a pixel before. Guess cause Samsung sucked me in starting with the note 3. I was a big Motorola fan before the note 3. I would laugh and say who wants that size of phone and spen? Of course I played with the note 3 at my Verizon store and I said to myself I guess I'm one of those people that want it. Been on Samsung phone since lol. Sorry for the rambling lol. It is definitely nice having a different phone for different occasions. Yeah definitely check it out when the 2nd one comes out.
I got into Note 2 which was my first and enjoyed it so much... Then Note 3 ..4 and skipped to some S series..finally Note 10 + but just traded in for the Fold ...Pixel experience is good but you will miss those extras Sammy throws in...

Moto had some good days before they flipped back to mid range ...they seem to be good but I hear them complaints... Now with a flagship under the radar you don't hear much on it...I really like the outside of that Razr just that small battery and lower chip concerns me.. I got issues

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
That's quite a stretch calling either Ultra a downgrade.
The Ultras are NOT downgrades, they're just better...no...different...compromises. The screens on these devices are HUGE. The Note 20U's cameras are, arguably, the best available, the S-Pen? Has no competition. All on devices that feel good to hold, have IP68 ratings, and that you can get a durned case for. The Fold has made me appreciate my Note 20 Ultra more.

Last edited:

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I definitely agree with Note series not bring any kind of downgrade to any phone...IMO one of the best phones out there ....I'd be happy with it for daily driver ...

I'm so digging the Fold though already used to its differences...

Lovin split screen keyboard too...though I think Samsung keyboard is not as good as Gboard ..
a9819e2e56465c260f11a3565dbdb15d.jpg

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Left my N20 Ultra at home yesterday and today. The more I get used to it the less I feel compelled to want to use the Note. I can already see where this is going. Keep both, use the N20 Ultra when in situations where the Fold might be exposed to damage and possibly purge my other devices so my wife doesn't kill me.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Left my N20 Ultra at home yesterday and today. The more I get used to it the less I feel compelled to want to use the Note. I can already see where this is going. Keep both, use the N20 Ultra when in situations where the Fold might be exposed to damage and possibly purge my other devices so my wife doesn't kill me.
I am learning, with the Fold 2 that it may be okay to use a device naked...temporarily. Both Monday and today I brought it out to appointments in its microfiber bag and the world hasn't ended (it hasn't got scratched or blemished). I will make a decision by the 28th. It is VERY nice having a tablet-sized display at your disposal when you want it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Left my N20 Ultra at home yesterday and today. The more I get used to it the less I feel compelled to want to use the Note. I can already see where this is going. Keep both, use the N20 Ultra when in situations where the Fold might be exposed to damage

... like when it's raining in the summer... snowing in the winter... out in the beach where there is sand... out in the trails when biking... or out in the lake when in a boat fishing...

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
... like when it's raining in the summer... snowing in the winter... out in the beach where there is sand... out in the trails when biking... or out in the lake when in a boat fishing...

Yea, no way I'd take this thing on my boat. Which means it is already not a device I can use on the weekend as most of my weekend is either spent on the boat or at the dock fishing/bbq'ing. Right now I'm finding it to be a great device for work though. Carrying it around in the microfiber pouch from my Maui Jim's and being very careful with it. But I can definitely see a benefit of having it as a work device and great for gaming and media consumption as well in my downtime.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok guys and gals lol. I don't know if I should be worried about this or not but I was wondering for the the people that had the z fold 2 in hand if they saw a circle like thing anywhere on the inner screen? I can't feel it and only can see it if I have light shining on it. The screen and everything works normal. I just find that weird. I always inspect the screen and it just showed up today. Unless I just really never noticed it before which I think I would lol. I haven't dropped it, I don't press hard on screen etc. I just don't know what it is. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Here is a pic of it zoomed in on it for best view. The stuff you see next to circle is glare from light

Attachments

• 20200923_174926.jpg
    20200923_174926.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 30

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys and gals lol. I don't know if I should be worried about this or not but I was wondering for the the people that had the z fold 2 in hand if they saw a circle like thing anywhere on the inner screen? I can't feel it and only can see it if I have light shining on it. The screen and everything works normal. I just find that weird. I always inspect the screen and it just showed up today. Unless I just really never noticed it before which I think I would lol. I haven't dropped it, I don't press hard on screen etc. I just don't know what it is. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Here is a pic of it zoomed in on it for best view. The stuff you see next to circle is glare from light

Should show the whole screen and point out what part of screen that circle is showing... left side of screen?.. right side?.. upper quadrant?? lower?? Then you can see if others can check on their phones. Or can check the tear down video where the circle is, if there is any component underneath that matches that circle to be causing it.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Should show the whole screen and point out what part of screen that circle is showing... left side of screen?.. right side?.. upper quadrant?? lower?? Then you can see if others can check on their phones. Or can check the tear down video where the circle is, if there is any component underneath that matches that circle to be causing it.

Ok hang on let me get another pic. It is lower left(when facing it) bottom of inner screen

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Here is another pic. Probably going to have to click on pic to zoom in

Attachments

• 20200923_181912.jpg
    20200923_181912.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 18

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Here is another pic. Probably going to have to click on pic to zoom in

Tiny hole/circle to the right of the reflection of the light/lamp? Can barely see it. Doesn't look like any indent in that area to be externally caused so I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe just never noticed until now and the screen a tad translucent and showing something behind the screen.

In the ifixit teardown video can't tell anything. At the 3:30 mark they take the screen off and show the backside but basically flexible screen that looks to be glued to metal sheets for rigidity.

https://www.ifixit.com/News/44028/see-samsungs-rebooted-galaxy-z-fold-2-come-apart-in-our-teardown

Doesn't look externally caused so I woulndt worry about it if it doesn't seem to affect image quality over it.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Maybe its a smudge from the screen protector film ....thumb possibly if you hold the phone open to take pic or hold 7

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Tiny hole/circle to the right of the reflection of the light/lamp? Can barely see it. Doesn't look like any indent in that area to be externally caused so I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe just never noticed until now and the screen a tad translucent and showing something behind the screen.

In the ifixit teardown video can't tell anything. At the 3:30 mark they take the screen off and show the backside but basically flexible screen that looks to be glued to metal sheets for rigidity.

https://www.ifixit.com/News/44028/see-samsungs-rebooted-galaxy-z-fold-2-come-apart-in-our-teardown

Doesn't look externally caused so I woulndt worry about it if it doesn't seem to affect image quality over it.

Yeah that's it. That is what the pic doesn't show that it does look like an indent. Sorry should have mentioned that. But when I touch it I don't feel it. It just looks that way maybe cause of how the light hits it when I move it. Like it has been pressed in that spot maybe to hard a bit. And thanks for the input. And video. I'm going to give it a few days to see of any other problems a rise. If not I won't worry about it. I got til Monday to exchange it with bestbuy.

Edit: I literally just remembered last night before bed I was holding one handed while standing in bathroom and it almost fell out of hand and I did grab it with my left hand(same hand I was holding it in when it slipped) and I'm actually thinking that maybe my thumb applied too much pressure when I grabbed it.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Who knows lol. I'm wanting to say now that I remember it is what I posted below in the edit part of donm527 post I quoted lol.
I just saw your edit...and I was thinking left hand hold with thumb bc I at times hold same way ...thinking it might disappear ...keep eye on it for sure ..did you try micro cloth to see if smudge

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I just saw your edit...and I was thinking left hand hold with thumb bc I at times hold same way ...thinking it might disappear ...keep eye on it for sure ..did you try micro cloth to see if smudge

Lol yeah. I tend to hold my with left hand and use other hand for scrolling etc. Till I'm typing then I use both hands. Yeah I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Hopefully it does disappear in time. And yeah I did and still there so definitely not a smudge. Can't wait for one of my cases to get here lol. This phone feels grounded lol. It is not allowed to leave house without a case haha.