Fold 2 feels expensive

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
As much as I like my F2 I still think my Notes are more practical so I can't leave them alone. I have my main sim in my Notes and my secondary sim in my F2.
It really is hard to beat the Note, especially if you get used to the Spen . It's got just about everything I want and does everything I need it to do.

SandyNavalta

Oct 5, 2020
Visit site
I love it! The only flaw is within its video recorder. With my S8, I was able to zoom in an out to get great videos and close ups. Disappointed that this luxury phone doesn't have the features of an S8. Everything else about the z fold 2 is superb!

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The other flaw, Sandy, will become apparent when the two halves of the screen are no longer connected.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I love it! The only flaw is within its video recorder. With my S8, I was able to zoom in an out to get great videos and close ups. Disappointed that this luxury phone doesn't have the features of an S8. Everything else about the z fold 2 it is superb!
Hi, welcome to AC!

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
This is by far the most premium feeling phone I've had, which as others have echoed, it had better be given the price. Everything about it feels solid and premium.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This is by far the most premium feeling phone I've had, which as others have echoed, it had better be given the price. Everything about it feels solid and premium.

I think a year or two down the road this might be my next phone, depending on discounts and how well Samsung supports it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think a year or two down the road this might be my next phone, depending on discounts and how well Samsung supports it.
I was saying the same thing. I caved and bought it. I'm still on the honeymoon stage, so we'll see how it goes. So far I like it, but I'm only in the first day or so. As far a how the phone feels, it feels solid, I have no complaints there. I love the big screen and it's going to take some getting used to using the narrow front screen.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I was saying the same thing. I caved and bought it. I'm still on the honeymoon stage, so we'll see how it goes. So far I like it, but I'm only in the first day or so. As far a how the phone feels, it feels solid, I have no complaints there. I love the big screen and it's going to take some getting used to using the narrow front screen.

It definitely takes some getting used to so give it some time, at least till the last couple days of the return period. At first I kept finding myself wanting to reach for my Note 20 Ultra out of convenience and the fact that the Fold just changes how you use a phone. I was so used to just banging out an email or text on a big slab and I was kind of frustrated with having to unfold the phone all the time. Now it is second nature and I appreciate having the extra screen real estate when I need it. The multitasking / split screen view is amazing and I find myself using it more than I thought I would. The front screen is more than capable for sending texts (especially if you type by swiping) and one hand web browsing. Still have the Note 20 but don't see how I could go back the more I use this device.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Was at my local Best Buy today to take a look at the iPhone Pro 12 for my daughter and they had the Samsung fold 2 on display just tied down to a cable like any other phone to get full access and seeing it up close for the first time and holding it...

Wow!! Nice solid feel. Premium feel and look. And the screens outside and inside look great when playing YouTube video. I felt like a kid and didn't want to put it down for a while but I was there with my wife LOL.

It really looks like it would be a great phone to have and play with and wish I could but I think that the chunkiness would get to me for daily carry though.

The feel and a hinge feel so solid though that I do look forward to probably the 4th generation to give it a reconsider if they can get rid of half the thickness and they do add in the S-Pen as rumored for next-gen.

Until then the N20U works for me but awesome phone for those playing with it now.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Took my wife to Best Buy today..showed her the Samsung Fold..she immediately fell in love with it.
She said she knows what her next phone will be.
A phone that opens into a tablet.