Fold 2: Man this fingerprint reader is driving nuts

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I thought it would be nice to have it on the power button but it's accuracy is horrible. At least for me. I've tried re-registering my prints but it still kinda sucks. I'm always waiting 30 seconds because of bad reads. I really hope it gets better with the next update.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Wonder what's going on. Mine is lightning fast. Haven't had a issue yet.
Yeah I figure this will be one of those threads where most folks won't have the same issue like with the in screen fingerprint sensors but mine is lightening fast when it does decide to work its just not consistent. I've actually tried registering both of my prints twice and send to have helped but I'll see how it goes as time goes on.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
What do you have under fingerprints setting for fingerprint always on.. Try toggle whichever you don't have now...

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
MY FPS is so accurate I had to turn off the always on. As soon as I push the button on it automatically unlocks.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
My fingerprint sensor is very accurate. My problem is that in reaching to get the phone from my holster (yes, I'm that nerdy), I typically accidentally touch it enough times that by the time I'm ready to unlock, I've accidentally "put in an incorrect fingerprint too many times and must now wait 45 seconds before trying again." or some similar message. Anyway, I'm getting used to taking it out differently, and once its unlocked, the Galaxy Watch keeps it unlocked through Smart Lock/Trusted Devices. But overall, so happy to have a regular fingerprint reader back instead of Face ID or the in-screen ones of which only the One Plus 7 Pro's was really good of the phones I tried.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My fingerprint sensor is very accurate. My problem is that in reaching to get the phone from my holster (yes, I'm that nerdy), I typically accidentally touch it enough times that by the time I'm ready to unlock, I've accidentally "put in an incorrect fingerprint too many times and must now wait 45 seconds before trying again." or some similar message. Anyway, I'm getting used to taking it out differently, and once its unlocked, the Galaxy Watch keeps it unlocked through Smart Lock/Trusted Devices. But overall, so happy to have a regular fingerprint reader back instead of Face ID or the in-screen ones of which only the One Plus 7 Pro's was really good of the phones I tried.
Same here, not the holster though, lol. I'm always accidentally touching that thing vibrating the phone.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
What do you have under fingerprints setting for fingerprint always on.. Try toggle whichever you don't have now...

Thanks for this, mine was off and I was having issues not knowing when I needed to press and not press the button. I turned it on and because of that it forced me to actually learn how it works. I now have it back off and happy, works most of the time. Definitely faster than in screen on my Note 10+ and V60.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for this, mine was off and I was having issues not knowing when I needed to press and not press the button. I turned it on and because of that it forced me to actually learn how it works. I now have it back off and happy, works most of the time. Definitely faster than in screen on my Note 10+ and V60.
Happy it helped... I'm better with it now... It was hit or miss at first..