Has anyone else had an issue with there Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 main folding screen not working?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

-Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 has been updated to most current software.
- Phone was factory reset and issue is still present
- Smaller front screen works perfectly fine.
- When connected to DEX, it does show up on external monitor, but is still Blank on phone. Front smaller screen shows on phone and Monitor.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
-Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 has been updated to most current software.
- Phone was factory reset and issue is still present
- Smaller front screen works perfectly fine.
- When connected to DEX, it does show up on external monitor, but is still Blank on phone. Front smaller screen shows on phone and Monitor.
No, I have not had any issues. Sounds to me like you're in for a dreaded call to samsung customer service, calling them is probably more painful then a $2,000 phone not working. Good luck,let us know what happens.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep that most definitely sounds like a hardware failure. I'm curious to see how they treat someone who just purchased a $2000 phone from them.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep that most definitely sounds like a hardware failure. I'm curious to see how they treat someone who just purchased a $2000 phone from them.
About the same as they treat a customer buying the $1500 note 20 ultra. Price has nothing to do with how they treat you. Nobody buys a samsung phone expecting good customer service from samsung.

I don't know why people expect more from customer service because it cost more. You're paying for upgrades from other devices. If $2,00 is to rich for your blood then you just don't buy it. This is electronic, they will fail just like any other electronic item. The price we pay is for features. Any new tech costs more when new. People were paying $1,000 plus for VCR's in the 80's because it was new tech, now they cost $40. I don't understand why the fold gets slammed because it's higher priced, it's new tech, the price will go down. The first note was high priced for the day when it released also. I'm not attacking you, just pointing out the fact folding phones are new tech, it will cost the early adapters, but I think they are going to be a thing in the future. We can't keep getting bigger screens on these phones without doing folding screens. I used to mock the fold also, but caved and bought one on swappa to try it out. I am watching the fold 3 now. It's one of those things, when you get one you understand the reaosoot costs more and like it. I don't know if you have a fold or not, but I just wanted to toss this out there. Just don't want you to think I'm attacking you, just responding to your post is all.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
About the same as they treat a customer buying the $1500 note 20 ultra. Price has nothing to do with how they treat you. Nobody buys a samsung phone expecting good customer service from samsung.

I don't know why people expect more from customer service because it cost more. You're paying for upgrades from other devices. If $2,00 is to rich for your blood then you just don't buy it. This is electronic, they will fail just like any other electronic item. The price we pay is for features. Any new tech costs more when new. People were paying $1,000 plus for VCR's in the 80's because it was new tech, now they cost $40. I don't understand why the fold gets slammed because it's higher priced, it's new tech, the price will go down. The first note was high priced for the day when it released also. I'm not attacking you, just pointing out the fact folding phones are new tech, it will cost the early adapters, but I think they are going to be a thing in the future. We can't keep getting bigger screens on these phones without doing folding screens. I used to mock the fold also, but caved and bought one on swappa to try it out. I am watching the fold 3 now. It's one of those things, when you get one you understand the reaosoot costs more and like it. I don't know if you have a fold or not, but I just wanted to toss this out there. Just don't want you to think I'm attacking you, just responding to your post is all.

No I don't feel attacked at all..... I actually agree with your points ;) Foldables are definitely the future, and I'll be owning one in the next few years. I was more picking on Samsung's customer service. I'm just frustrated that flagship phone prices are skyrocketing yet the customer service seems to be getting worse. It seems like things are going in the wrong direction lol.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No I don't feel attacked at all..... I actually agree with your points ;) Foldables are definitely the future, and I'll be owning one in the next few years. I was more picking on Samsung's customer service. I'm just frustrated that flagship phone prices are skyrocketing yet the customer service seems to be getting worse. It seems like things are going in the wrong direction lol.
I definitely agree with that. Samsung customer service is horrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34