Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

The stock EdgeLighting and I found and downloaded EdgeLighting+ and I still cannot get the camera hole punch notification light to work on either the outer or inner screens. I assume the correct option would be "Eclipse" but when I press it nothing happens?
    Attached Thumbnails Can't get hole punch notification light to work? Fold 2-13397.jpg  
    01-14-2021 02:59 PM
    The stock EdgeLighting and I found and downloaded EdgeLighting+ and I still cannot get the camera hole punch notification light to work on either the outer or inner screens. I assume the correct option would be "Eclipse" but when I press it nothing happens?
    So I had this working which I though was cool as my Selfie camera(s) would show a clockwise spinning light when unlocking with face recognition or talking a picture.
    Wanted to add a different colored light as read you could by downloading the Good lock app you did! No joy! 1. Couldn't get the app in Good Lock; 2. It's called black hole instead of eclipse and 3. Told by the Z Fold2 concierge it will be available the next upgrade (11) with our device... uh huh!
    Where did you download the app? Peace
    01-14-2021 05:55 PM
    So I had this working which I though was cool as my Selfie camera(s) would show a clockwise spinning light when unlocking with face recognition or talking a picture.
    Wanted to add a different colored light as read you could by downloading the Good lock app you did! No joy! 1. Couldn't get the app in Good Lock; 2. It's called black hole instead of eclipse and 3. Told by the Z Fold2 concierge it will be available the next upgrade (11) with our device... uh huh!
    Where did you download the app? Peace
    This is where I grabbed the EdgeLighting+ apk, it does add more options but not the notification around the cameras I am looking for. So we should be getting it with the now rolling out One UI 3.0 and Android 11?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...-0-21-release/
    01-14-2021 06:09 PM
    This is where I grabbed the EdgeLighting+ apk, it does add more options but not the notification around the cameras I am looking for. So we should be getting it with the now rolling out One UI 3.0 and Android 11?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...-0-21-release/
    That's correct coming from our very expensive phones concierge desk.
    Does the settings have the black hole option in a part of the schemes (eg: eclipse)?
    Oh BTW... do you use/like corded headsets? Reason being if you call and ask did the phone come with a headset they will say no and you say um might samsung send me one? And they will say yes... got some decent AKG's.
    Good luck
    01-14-2021 06:20 PM
    So I think I just figured out why my swirling white light around the selfie camera either on the main or outside screen disappeared!
    It had been working when I first got the phone then it disappeared... So even though we don't have Edge lighting Plus available via Good Lock to us to control the light color etc, i had that swirling light!
    After some thought considering what I had changed on the device, here's what I figured out: under Developer Options I had turned off the window, transition, & animator scaling effects to 0. If put back just the animator setting to 1.0 or 1.5 effect, will now have that swirling light effect! Woohoo
    PS: restart is required.
    Good luck
    BigMosley likes this.
    01-15-2021 10:36 AM
    So I think I just figured out why my swirling white light around the selfie camera either on the main or outside screen disappeared!
    It had been working when I first got the phone then it disappeared... So even though we don't have Edge lighting Plus available via Good Lock to us to control the light color etc, i had that swirling light!
    After some thought considering what I had changed on the device, here's what I figured out: under Developer Options I had turned off the window, transition, & animator scaling effects to 0. If put back just the animator setting to 1.0 or 1.5 effect, will now have that swirling light effect! Woohoo
    PS: restart is required.
    Good luck
    Yup that did the trick for the couple that weren't working in Goodluck, it seems to be the Animator Duration Scale that was set to 0. When I set it to .5 it works now. Great find! Just hope the pin hole notification light will be in the update.
    01-15-2021 06:13 PM
    Yup that did the trick for the couple that weren't working in Goodluck, it seems to be the Animator Duration Scale that was set to 0. When I set it to .5 it works now. Great find! Just hope the pin hole notification light will be in the update.
    Glad it works.... Ok i will lower Animator to .5 as some other animations are way too much...
    Also I'll bite, what's the pinhole notification light?
    01-16-2021 12:59 AM
    Glad it works.... Ok i will lower Animator to .5 as some other animations are way too much...
    Also I'll bite, what's the pinhole notification light?
    Here's a good representation of it.
    01-16-2021 01:04 PM
    Here's a good representation of it.
    Exactly Sir!
    So this wasn't in the version of EdgeLighting+ you downloaded correct?
    Bummer for sure! Hope the Z Fold 2 concierge guy i spoke to is correct... peace
    01-16-2021 09:16 PM
    Hey man, may all be well in your world.
    Revisiting this topic sentence the Z fold 2 has been upgraded to 3.1
    Have you had any luck with EdgeLighting+ showing up in Good Lock with new changes?
    Find a workaround?
    Thanks! Peace
    03-04-2021 12:44 PM
    Hey man, may all be well in your world.
    Revisiting this topic sentence the Z fold 2 has been upgraded to 3.1
    Have you had any luck with EdgeLighting+ showing up in Good Lock with new changes?
    Find a workaround?
    Thanks! Peace
    Since this post I've sold the Fold 2 and grabbed the S21 Ultra, and it's also still missing the Notification light.
    03-08-2021 04:48 PM
    Wow moved on! Far out...
    Got to be too much or wanted to simplify?
    Happy with S21?
    Peace
    03-15-2021 01:29 AM
    Wow moved on! Far out...
    Got to be too much or wanted to simplify?
    Happy with S21?
    Peace
    Fold 2's screen was just too delicate. Couldn't see myself going to a beach or do any sort of outdoor activities with it without causing potential damage. Nice to have a phone again that's water and dust resistant plus the S21 Ultras camera is boss.
    03-15-2021 04:41 PM
    Understand.... good luck with the new device!
    Not been to the beach but live in the high desert; no dust damage yet, though I do clean The Screen... ha!
    Peace
    03-16-2021 01:35 AM