Confusion: missing some One UI 3.1 options!

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey All, may you be well and blessed!
Am OK with some of the changes brought by Android 11 & One UI 3.1, though am lost with finding these upgrades on this phone:

• Video call effects (for Duo etc)
• Home Up - Task Changer*
• Google Discover (instead of Free)
• Multi Window (shortcut in Quick Panel)

* when selected: "download latest version" pops up; and, it is according to Samsung....

Anybody else have any of these enabled?
And if so, might you point the way you did?

Thanks in Advance for any assistance and suggestions. ✌
PS: my ZF2 is the Samsung unlocked US version (any carrier).

Last edited:

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Am OK with some of the changes brought by Android 11 & One UI 3.1, though am lost with finding these upgrades on this phone:

* when selected: "download latest version" pops up; and, it is according to Samsung....

I don't use Duo
My Task Changer is there under Home Up
Cannot set Google Discover instead of Free, option is not there
I don't use Multi Window

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Duo
My Task Changer is there under Home Up
Cannot set Google Discover instead of Free, option is not there
I don't use Multi Window

Thanks for the responses.
Would you mind telling me if your phone is unlocked (like mine) and which carrier you're with? I'm on VZ.
Yes Task Changer is under Home Up on mine as well; assuming yours works, would you tell me the version of Home Up you have?
Thanks. ✌

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Would you mind telling me if your phone is unlocked (like mine) and which carrier you're with? I'm on VZ.
Yes Task Changer is under Home Up on mine as well; assuming yours works, would you tell me the version of Home Up you have?
Thanks. ✌

Sorry about that, I thought I put that in there. Mine is unlocked from Sammy, using on ATT.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. ✌

My Home Up version is 2.0.01.11

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
ROE_HUNTER:
Thanks for your updates...
now I'm really confused as your task manager in Home Up works and mine says to "download the latest from Galaxy Store".
We have the same devices on different networks....
I'm going to force quit and get rid of the last update and see if that'll help!
Thanks for the info. Peace

Jon Crosby

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Hey, its not easy. sign out and mail me your phone ill hook you up! Nah, im joking. But can i borrow it?! i almost bought one, but ultimately decided that i needed the car worse. haha

I'm sure i've seen chatter about G Discover feed and the Duo features on XDA Forum...

I am not on 3.1, but i do miss Task Changer, which needs an update for compatability since 3.0/OS11. Home Up>Task Changer is just a shortcut to the Task Changer app you see in Good Lock - a lingering example of the interconnected and overlapping, not-duplicated-but-similarly-named and functionally-grouped-but-separately-developed, now with new and improved, but unnecessarily rearranged maze of settings that represents Samsung native customisation. Its getting better though. Anyway, bya all appearance, an update is expected. I much prefer non stock options for my recents.

Shawna Rodriguez

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the Ultra and it's with Verizon and I'm getting the same messageWho would be the best to talk to about a Samsung App not working properly? Everything is updated but Good Lock Home Up is having issues when trying to select task changer. It keeps saying download the latest One UI Home market update but there's not any update. I know we need patience, but for some it seems that task changer works without issue. If anyone finds a trick or knows what's going on if appreciate guidance.

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site

so we dont have the same phone, i have an A71 but it updated to Android 11 One UI 3.1 this morning, so i am also learning the new features and where some of those i loved went to.

for DUO, what i learnt is you have to have DUO set up first, then when you go to contacts, you have to start dialing a number, then the DUO icon shows up t the bottom.

Home Up is not working for me, i am sad, so i hope an update will come soon

Google Discover i cannot get to work at all, all i see is Samsung O when i go there, so not sure what has to be done to get that.

Multi Window i have not reached there as yet.

Hope you find out the rest of the stuff, so some of us can get some help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca