Have you been waiting for a foldable smartphone?

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It’s clever, but it doesn’t grab my interest.

I'm not convinced this concept will take off. I see this as an expensive, niche product. Firstly, it'll be heavy in the hand and in the pocket. It'll also be thick, kind of negating it's small size. As the screen folds out to a small tablet, battery life will be a major issue.

And as so many people have ipads and tablets, I can't see much of the use. It'll only be handy for those fewer and fewer people who only have a phone.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
And as so many people have ipads and tablets, I can't see much of the use. It'll only be handy for those fewer and fewer people who only have a phone.

Those who have tablets that get old and no longer work, also have phones, may be more interested in this for their next purchase.

Do you carry your phone and tablet everywhere?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I would like to see what it's all about but that's it. I don't think it's practical for my daily usage.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Foldable phone has to be easy to break. And since it gets dropped all the time and its in my pocket. Why would I even consider a foldable phone. Who cares about insurance it you break it easy.

Most people don't drop their valuables on a regular basis.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Really need a compelling use case to justify the tech. Though I do like seeing multiple manufactures working on the tech. Should lead to some interesting developments soon.
I'd have plenty of uses for such a device at my work, but this one isn't quite there yet.

alanjc

Mar 28, 2019
Visit site
We use Citrix and Xen Mobile at work. I'm just waiting for Citrix to be delivered over Xen Mobile and then I could do absolutely everything via Dex and tablet mode. That would be a pretty big game changer for me as I'm often at different offices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12