I cannot find the galaxy fold area so

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I think it's a bust. Too bulky for the pocket. Carrying as an everyday phone will be a no go for most. That combined with price will make this for a very specific crowd. A design like the old razr phone would be really good.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Honestly I think it's a bust. Too bulky for the pocket. Carrying as an everyday phone will be a no go for most. That combined with price will make this for a very specific crowd. A design like the old razr phone would be really good.

and think of how much battery all that screen is going to need.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Not saying you're wrong, but how do you know it will be too bulky? I guess it's safe to say it would be at least twice as thick as a current Note or S device. I'm not sure if that's too bulky for me. I guess I would need to find enough value to make it worth it.

I'm not excited yet, but I think it's the start of something that will end up being good down the road. I don't see jumping on this first generation of folding phones though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Without seeing it I think it will be a bust. Cool in concept but it won't be really fine tuned for another few years.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I mean at that price, you can but the best of the best laptop.

I can't imagine it will be that big of a seller.

For a very few crowd.

JustPassin

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Absolutely not. Too expensive plus support for it will take a bit. They have only showed 3 apps working with the fold -- I assume all the others have to program and update for it.

Aww.
Are you planning to just upgrade to the s10 or waiting for the note 10?
I’m currently on the note 8 and planning to get the s10+

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What do I think of it? Pardon me while I yawn. (I also think it's about the stupidest idea anyone ever came up with for a cellphone. LG's folding keyboard was on thing, but this? Not if it was a folding Note 10 retailing for $198.)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I must be part of the few hear. The foldable is most exciting news I've heard today.

I'm excited for this model lending the industry insights into what people might actually want from a folding screen (and I don't think this is it).

Personally, I could care less about a fairly bulky phone folding out into a tablet. I'd be much more interested in something along the lines of a shirt-pocket-sized clamshell a la RAZR of old that folded out into what is a good-sized screen today (~ 6"). While there's been video mockups of what such a device might be like, they're not yet realistic - the real challenge to that today would be the extreme limitation it would put on volume to allocate towards battery, but when that hurdled things like folding displays could potentially truly usher in a level of broad interest in devices not seen since the initial iPhone.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm excited for this model lending the industry insights into what people might actually want from a folding screen (and I don't think this is it).

Personally, I could care less about a fairly bulky phone folding out into a tablet. I'd be much more interested in something along the lines of a shirt-pocket-sized clamshell a la RAZR of old that folded out into what is a good-sized screen today (~ 6"). While there's been video mockups of what such a device might be like, they're not yet realistic - the real challenge to that today would be the extreme limitation it would put on volume to allocate towards battery, but when that hurdled things like folding displays could potentially truly usher in a level of broad interest in devices not seen since the initial iPhone.
I'd personally love a device that opens up to an amazing screen real estate. Its first gen ,yes. But over time it'll be smashing.

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
This phone is so ugly and I’ve already seen people justifying the fugly front of the phone by saying “oh you’ll be using the tablet mode most of the so who cares about the front!”

No I don’t want to use a tablet all the time if there’s that justification being made already that just shows the appeal of this foldable phone and others down the line is negated if the “front” of the device is just for quick glances at things. I can’t wait to see the sales numbers which I bet Samsung won’t reveal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy