Samsung Galaxy Fold

Are you gonna go bleeding edge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
$1,980 Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Apple by like you just reset the bar and they want in on those type of prices. :-$

Did you hear the crowd swallow their tongue when the price flashed. I almost did as well. That gasp said it all.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Crazy price. I also bet most apps won't support it for a bit -- hence why they only showed 3 apps.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
$1,980 Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Apple by like you just reset the bar and they want in on those type of prices. :-$

Did you hear the crowd swallow their tongue when the price flashed. I almost did as well. That gasp said it all.

Yeah, I’ll never pay $2,000 for a phone, no matter how earth-shatteringly cool it is. Hard pass.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Time will tell how popular this device will be.

Wonder what networks will supply it and at what tariff costs.

Wouldn't want to smash the screen on one of those.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Its a little pricier than I thought i'd be but Samsung put the R&D into this so I am not surprised. It'll come down way in price 2-3years as more companies bring their own version and the tech becomes cheaper.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I like it but I like it at $1100, 1200 top! I'll wait till the fold 2 which inevitably will drop the price as the materials and tech to build it gets cheaper.

bakron1

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
After seeing the 2K price tag on the foldable model, I don’t think it’s going to sell like hot cakes? I know it’s a niche device, but I would have thought 1500US would be the top end of the spectrum for it? But, who knows in this crazy market, now it’s wait and see.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
2k is hilarious!! Plus the phone is hella ugly the front of it is laughable and then that gigantic side notch Samsung is drunk.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
They don't plan on selling it in big numbers or to the everyday person. The phone will be the ultimate status symbol this summer for people who think their phone is a status symbol. I doubt Samsung even plans to break even on selling the device.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
They don't plan on selling it in big numbers or to the everyday person. The phone will be the ultimate status symbol this summer for people who think their phone is a status symbol. I doubt Samsung even plans to break even on selling the device.

True all this device is is just a big ego trip for Samsung that they finally were able to get a foldable phone out before anyone else.

I wouldn’t pay for a phone that cost more than a MacBook Pro. That’s just dumb.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
True all this device is is just a big ego trip for Samsung that they finally were able to get a foldable phone out before anyone else.

I wouldn’t pay for a phone that cost more than a MacBook Pro. That’s just dumb.
The phone was never intended for the masses. It's a toy for the rich.

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
I think everyone needs to relax on the price. It's a beta phone that we actually have access too. Not for everyone but a great step in the direction for a mass made one years down the road. After seeing what previous companies did with their folding phones this one is heads and tales better. Samsung is the leader in screen tech and they showed it off big time yesterday.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
12gb ram.
4,380maH battery.
That's what upping the price.

Also on the other post, I mentioned that phone prices are not going down. Look at the "S" series, Note and even Apple. The next gen may even cost more.

Apps may only play on part of the screen or have to be tablet mode.

Last edited:

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The phone is certainly intriguing, but 2K is a lot. Normally I'd be all over the new tech, but in part due to the price I think I'm going to wait and see what the others (Huawei, Xiaomi, etc.) come out with.