ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To Fold, or not to Fold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ab_UpFrFo

Galaxy Fold in LTE $1980 ♨️ & 5G $2500 ? I think
For that Price, should we not get 24/7 Customer services
Like on the Vertu Constellation
Heard it does come with a 24/7 customer Service :)

*Wondering how will we use it on a Selfie stick* with or without the Fold lol

Time 0:48
I wish the Samsung Logo lighted up like the Asus had behind its gaming phone Now that would be Awesome

Time 1:12
Love the Click sound

Time 1:13
3 App Multitasking

Time 1:47
YouTube Premium is Free?

Time 1:59
No SD card slot, that's OK
It has 512GB with UFS 3.0 WOW WOW WOW
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sm...w-will-it-impact-your-phones-performance/amp/

Time 2:10
The battery was a bummer only 4380
Need a bigger 6000mAh Battery
The S10 5G has a bigger 4500mAh & 25W Charging
It's SAD that a Phone with *DUAL BATTERY* has a smaller battery :(

Time 2:27
So could we open the Phone turn it around and take a Selfie with the Back Cameras looking at the small front screen But still, Question remains how will I be taking a Selfie with it
Only when the phone is closed?
so will be paying double the price & get just a Single front Camera hhmmm

Ever thought, there is no way to open the phone and put it on a Stick unless a special stick comes in the box to do that

This is what folding phone cases will look like
https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/1/1...dable-phone-case-screen-protector-spigen-zagg

Time 2:46
Unlock is Super Fast

Time 2:59
App continuity

No Headphones Jack, that doesn't bother me Would be nice to have this fold on Note 10 with the Pen

Even if its 1st generation product, don't have the patience to wait a whole year, for the next Fold 2
*YES, I will be getting the Galaxy Fold* LOVE IT :cool:
Only 1 mil units made of Galaxy Fold
*So that will make me 1 in a Million*
So the S10+ = $1000
The S10 5G = $1500
Galaxy Fold LTE = $1980 is ok Galaxy Fold 5G = 2400 ? ( will get this IF the battery is bigger 5000mAh Plz )
I can understand for some a Bridge too Far

Time 3:17
Will we be getting the Fold & S10+ 5G in the slower 8nm Exynos in Asia ☹
That won't be fair then, to pay that price Hope it comes in the Faster Snapdragon 7nm CPU

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Meh.

It's a small tablet that folds into a phone. (And when the connection across that hinge goes [I know the specs - if everything worked according to 'spec' I would have died almost 22 years ago], it's going to be expensive to have fixed. And, since a tablet doesn't thrill me, the Fold doesn't either.

Instead f coming out with gimmicks, they should revive Project Ara. I wouldn't care if Samsung was the company that did it. I'd buy one.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Meh.

It's a small tablet that folds into a phone. (And when the connection across that hinge goes [I know the specs - if everything worked according to 'spec' I would have died almost 22 years ago], it's going to be expensive to have fixed. And, since a tablet doesn't thrill me, the Fold doesn't either.

Instead f coming out with gimmicks, they should revive Project Ara. I wouldn't care if Samsung was the company that did it. I'd buy one.

everyone hated the Note when it came out
but Today its # Uno ;)

wait and see :)

So who else is going Bendy lol
I know i will :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I loved the Note when it came out, and kept at them until the 3. I was going to get the 7, but ...

But the Fold? Not interested, and not just because I gave up on Samsung.

AshUchiha

Mar 3, 2019
Visit site
Energizer has same inward fold design with 6 inch outer screen and no tablet mode cameras.
Price= 799$-899$

Edit: 10000mah battery n tablet mode is 8 inch

Last edited:

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Being the first iteration I knew it would need big improvements. For example when folded it has a small screen with lots of bezels. It doesn't look impressive to me especially when you look at the Mate X. On top of that, the price is way too high for me.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I’m actually more excited about the Galaxy Fold than I am about the S10+. I may just get one of them when they go up for preorder.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
i'm going to have a hard time resisting the preorder on this even though I'm 99% sure I'll regret it after a month when the novelty wears off. And worse yet, I'm guessing resale is going to suck. Unlike a $950 phone with $400 of incentives like most Sammy releases, 2k is a significant chunk of change for a first gent toy. Must. Resist.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree
But its worth it
Im interested to use the 3 App function, cos i like to multitask task
They should include The Buds, Active Watch & the Fit for people who preorder
I know they are give Free Screen replacement as it will get spoiled, folding it again and again thats my only concern
i'm going to have a hard time resisting the preorder on this even though I'm 99% sure I'll regret it after a month when the novelty wears off. And worse yet, I'm guessing resale is going to suck. Unlike a $950 phone with $400 of incentives like most Sammy releases, 2k is a significant chunk of change for a first gent toy. Must. Resist.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I agree
But its worth it
Im interested to use the 3 App function, cos i like to multitask task
They should include The Buds, Active Watch & the Fit for people who preorder
I know they are give Free Screen replacement as it will get spoiled, folding it again and again thats my only concern

Samsung has us right where they want us. In their crosshairs. I wonder if the play will be to keep them scarce and try to drive demand that way.

alanjc

Mar 28, 2019
Visit site
The Mate X has been designed the wrong way round. Surely you'd want to hold the side where your hand (including any rings you may wear) isn't in contact with the folded side of the screen all the time. Also in tablet mode, surely you'd want to hold the "lump" so that it's easier to grip in your left hand (for most people anyway) so that you can easily navigate with your right? And then there's no video calling ability in tablet mode unless all the other person wants to see is what's behind the device.

And obviously there's the issue of scratching the display as the whole thing is exposed all of the time.

I think the Fold is the superior design, the only real negative is the small external display, but there are still a lot of phones out there which people use on a daily basis with a similar size so I'm not sure that's even an issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza