only two things stop me not to buy this phone
1 No S Pen
2 small outer screen

anyone else in same boat?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Gazillion-dollar price tag. That's what's keeping me away hehe. But yeah, that outer screen is just weird. Looks tiny and odd VS the gigantic bezels around it.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
only two things stop me not to buy this phone
1 No S Pen
2 small outer screen

anyone else in same boat?
I'm with you. Don't know if it will stop me from buying it but certain the biggest negatives in my book

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the lack of spen is going to make Samsung lose out. The new 7.9-inch iPad Mini will have Apple pencil support.

I really like my spen. I don't use it a lot, but I do use it enough to stick with the Note line for years, since the Note5, and not even look at the S series.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I think the lack of spen is going to make Samsung lose out. The new 7.9-inch iPad Mini will have Apple pencil support.

I really like my spen. I don't use it a lot, but I do use it enough to stick with the Note line for years, since the Note5, and not even look at the S series.
S pen is why I. Got the tab s4 instead of considering s5e

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I think the company wants to keep the pen exclusive to their Note line.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
the foldable device is screaming for the spen. I expect it to be included in future releases.

I really like the look of the device. the front screen could be a tad bigger.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I could be wrong but I don't see it taking off unless they improve the tech.

I see a lot of people with tablets and phones. Or laptops and phones. Everyone who's trying to be minimalist and get rid of excess, will find value on that.

I still like my spen, and a larger screen would be nice for some things. I'll probably pass on this one and get the Note 10. See what next year brings.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a tablet and a laptop and a phone and I would just like to get rid of two of those items. Being able to get a device that can work relatively well at all three would be excellent. However, I'm not going to go in on a first iteration device. I'll wait and see how it goes and if a second generation looks improved enough to jump in on.

I really dislike that screen size on this first model and I want to see how the fold area holds up in full real world use. Someone else can be the Guinea pig this time.
I see a lot of people with tablets and phones. Or laptops and phones. Everyone who's trying to be minimalist and get rid of excess, will find value on that.

I still like my spen, and a larger screen would be nice for some things. I'll probably pass on this one and get the Note 10. See what next year brings.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

While all of that may be true, it's too bulky as a phone. I imagine if you can only carry one device which means you're not carrying some sort of bag to work then it may make sense for some people. Like a lot of commuters I have the means to carry an iPad or other device when needed, but most of the time I just use my phone which is what most people do. The note series is certainly a good alternative but still not as large tablet.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
While all of that may be true, it's too bulky as a phone. I imagine if you can only carry one device which means you're not carrying some sort of bag to work then it may make sense for some people. Like a lot of commuters I have the means to carry an iPad or other device when needed, but most of the time I just use my phone which is what most people do. The note series is certainly a good alternative but still not as large tablet.

I carry a purse. But I try to carry less (although with winter I was changing out of my work dress shoes, so larger bag became necessary for shoes). I have my phone and a Kindle Paperwhite in my purse as my electronics. Those wouldn't change. I don't want to carry more, but everything else just makes it more heavy or an extra bag. I keep trying to go to a smaller purse, but I end up getting back to a medium sized one.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I carry a purse. But I try to carry less (although with winter I was changing out of my work dress shoes, so larger bag became necessary for shoes). I have my phone and a Kindle Paperwhite in my purse as my electronics. Those wouldn't change. I don't want to carry more, but everything else just makes it more heavy or an extra bag. I keep trying to go to a smaller purse, but I end up getting back to a medium sized one.

Are you saying a foldable phone is not for you?

alanjc

Mar 28, 2019
Visit site
My daily use case for work is a tablet and a phone. When I travel I add a Kindle to that. But I can definitely see myself reducing this to a single device with the Fold. I used to use the spen all of the time on the Note 3, but since I got the Note 8 and then Note 9 I realise that I don't actually use it that much, and when I do it's mainly for sketching shapes in OneNote in meetings, something I could easily do with a basic capacitive stylus on the Fold.

I've already set my mind to getting one, I'm just deciding on the colour and working out the best accessory set such as a mount for the car and a folding Bluetooth keyboard.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante