04-28-2019 07:51 PM
140 123 ...
tools
    Not exactly what you want to see two days in..

Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    04-17-2019 01:12 PM
    The Verge review unit broke as well.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    04-17-2019 01:14 PM
    First gen product guess its understandable to be issues
    04-17-2019 01:18 PM
    No way I'm putting money into this. I love tech and all but this product just seems too immature, especially for the price. At that price point I feel like extremely high build quality needs to be able to be taken for granted and I don't think we're gonna a get that in this first generation.
    04-17-2019 01:19 PM
    First gen product guess its understandable to be issues
    Okay then. Then the price should reflect that. Do you think the price reflects first-gen issues or if it had less issues (better build quality/engineering) it should cost even more?
    04-17-2019 01:22 PM
    Okay then. Then the price should reflect that. Do you think the price reflects first-gen issues or if it had less issues (better build quality/engineering) it should cost even more?
    No price is high and it's why I won't touch it for years but folding phones there's always a chance this could happen
    04-17-2019 01:23 PM
    No price is high and it's why I won't touch it for years but folding phones there's always a chance this could happen
    It's hard for me to accept that Samsung doesn't have its finger on the pulse of quality issues but I know there's statistically bound to be flaws in a new product like this. I just think they should have taken that possibility into account when pricing the device. Even if it was $1500 I wouldn't touch it now so maybe it doesn't matter.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    04-17-2019 01:28 PM
    Ruh roh. Color me concerned. While I can afford the phone, I cannot afford the phone to break. I would be absolutely shocked if Samsung did not test these devices thoroughly before releasing them. I mean the tech has been in the pipeline for what 8 years? I'm gonna hold onto my preorder for now but this definitely has me concerned. Hoping there's a reasonable explanation for this but honestly, I'm not sure there can be one. The PR is bad for sure. Even though 2 reviewers took the plastic off, I mean, that shouldn't destroy the screen either.

I wonder if Samsung will just pull the entire release now?
    04-17-2019 01:43 PM
    I'm surprised Unbox Therapys unit hasn't broken yet. He keeps cranking out 2 videos a day of his fold. Lol. I'm a little skeptical about these broken units. The verge was messing around with puddy and the other guy removed the protective film that Samsung said not to remove. Let's wait and see I guess.
    Chris Williams8 likes this.
    04-17-2019 02:05 PM

I wonder if Samsung will just pull the entire release now?
    Not before they start blowing up.
    04-17-2019 02:07 PM
    Jerryrigeverything will have an easy time with this one me thinks
    J Dubbs likes this.
    04-17-2019 02:08 PM
    I'm surprised Unbox Therapys unit hasn't broken yet. He keeps cranking out 2 videos a day of his fold. Lol. I'm a little skeptical about these broken units. The verge was messing around with puddy and the other guy removed the protective film that Samsung said not to remove. Let's wait and see I guess.
    It's understandable and reasonable to be skeptical, but some folks didn't remove the screen protector. If nothing else, it shows the display is still more fragile than almost any other device out there, and Samsung is going to have to do something by way of user education to ensure the screen layer is not removed. Apparently what they have done so far, is not gonna cut it.
    04-17-2019 02:18 PM
    I'm not sure why the reviewers took the protector off. I knew that it was supposed to stay on. If you are paying 2k for this, do your research!
    04-17-2019 02:29 PM
    Here's why Galaxy Fold displays are already failing - https://www.androidcentral.com/heres...ready-breaking
    04-17-2019 02:42 PM
    That reminds me of the breakage issues with the Palm Pre back in the day.
    04-17-2019 03:00 PM
    I wonder if some of them were because they were snapping it closed with a lot of force. I've seen a few of the review units being flipped shut by holding one side with a thumb on the display and flicking it hard to close it.

It's an incredibly expensive phone, not a damn fidget toy.

I treat all my gadgets with kid gloves, this one even moreso.
    04-17-2019 03:04 PM
    Well, if most of the probelms were from removing the plastic (don't do that) and that weird bulge was a piece of the modeling clay they used got stuck in the hinge, maybe the problems aren't as widespread as it sounds.
    04-17-2019 03:08 PM
    Jerryrigeverything will have an easy time with this one me thinks
    There goes the fold....he's going to rip it clean off the hinges.
    04-17-2019 03:12 PM
    I wonder if some of them were because they were snapping it closed with a lot of force. I've seen a few of the review units being flipped shut by holding one side with a thumb on the display and flicking it hard to close it.

It's an incredibly expensive phone, not a damn fidget toy.

I treat all my gadgets with kid gloves, this one even moreso.
    Agreed but there should also be some level of durability
    04-17-2019 03:28 PM
    Ummm, yeah glad I waited and didn't jump on the pre-orders. I think I'll wait a little longer.
    04-17-2019 04:13 PM
    I'm sure there's bound to be the odd bad unit, especially on something with moving parts, but seeing how so many of these reviewers are tossing the device around, banging it shut constantly, and way harder than I would, and not really caring about it because it didn't cost them a penny and they probably have a few of them, I'm not surprised they're breaking.

I can't imagine anyone who's bought this with their own money treating them in this way.
    Xxtoxicskittlexx likes this.
    04-17-2019 04:49 PM
    I'm sure there's bound to be the odd bad unit, especially on something with moving parts, but seeing how so many of these reviewers are tossing the device around, banging it shut constantly, and way harder than I would, and not really caring about it because it didn't cost them a penny and they probably have a few of them, I'm not surprised they're breaking.

I can't imagine anyone who's bought this with their own money treating them in this way.
    I have not seen a single reviewer treat the Galaxy Fold badly, do you have any videos where they are truly abusing the devices?

Some reviewers have mentioned that the Fold seems to have a magnet which makes it shut harder, I believe MKBHD highlighted this to.

You make it seem as if the reviewers have been absolutely abusing the devices when from I have seen they are treating them like any device they get.
    04-17-2019 05:32 PM
    I have not seen a single reviewer treat the Galaxy Fold badly, do you have any videos where they are truly abusing the devices?

Some reviewers have mentioned that the Fold seems to have a magnet which makes it shut harder, I believe MKBHD highlighted this to.

You make it seem as if the reviewers have been absolutely abusing the devices when from I have seen they are treating them like any device they get.
    I'll just say this. MKBHD is in the business of 'views'. He is known as a tech influencer and knows technology really well.

You mean to tell me that MKBHD didn't read Samsungs instructions? He basically just ripped it off to tweet it. Harnessing the power of 'views'. He did that because of the business he is in and also the fact that he had multiple folds lying around his studio.

Let's just all see what the official finding is.

And yes, the reviewers abused the fold. An average consumer would never put a plastic screen device face down on the table. No one ever would who spent $2000 of their hard earned money.
    04-17-2019 05:49 PM
    I'll just say this. MKBHD is in the business of 'views'. He is known as a tech influencer and knows technology really well.

You mean to tell me that MKBHD didn't read Samsungs instructions? He basically just ripped it off to tweet it. Harnessing the power of 'views'. He did that because of the business he is in and also the fact that he had multiple folds lying around his studio.

Let's just all see what the official finding is.

And yes, the reviewers abused the fold. An average consumer would never put a plastic screen device face down on the table. No one ever would who spent $2000 of their hard earned money.
    Lol, not a single reviewer really abused the device, they used it like any other.

I have seen Vertu phones treated worse than anything these guys did on video.

But let's bring on the conspiracies they always pop up ove r things like this.

MKBHD made a stupid mistake by removing the plastic, and in actual fact 1 other did the same to, this is something Samsung needs to consider, because not every consumer will take note of that message due to excitement.

YES, people will abuse their $2000 phone when they get it , do you know why? Because LIFE happens, and in life you cannot baby a device that is with you almost 24/7.

This a great learning curve for Samsung.

By the way the other two, Dieter Bohn and Steve Kovach, their devices have screens that have simply failed, one due to a hinge malfunction and the other seems to be the display itself.

These things will happen, I just hope Samsung deals with this correctly. No need for conspiracies.

I thought I left conspiracies in the Apple Bendgate threads.
    04-17-2019 06:02 PM
    04-17-2019 06:24 PM
140 123 ...