Anybody cancel their preorder?

icellphones

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
With all the breaks some people are doing besides removing that screen layer. Has anyone panicked and canceled their order yet?

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I cancelled. The other stuff didn't bother me, but I didn't like the reports of dimpling on the screen. Those will build up over time and I have to think it would eventually harm the touchscreen capability.

Last edited:

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I cancelled. The other stuff didn't bother me, but tI didn't like the reports of dimpling on the screen. Those will build up over time and I have to think it would eventually harm the touchscreen capability.

Samsung needs to step up if the dimpling is a thing. That’s unacceptable to me and will cause me to cancel as well.

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Samsung needs to step up if the dimpling is a thing. That’s unacceptable to me and will cause me to cancel as well.

They may come up with a new plastic that is as hard as glass, but right now, plastic is just too soft a material to use for a touchscreen. Because right now, even if you do everything right, the screen looks like it will takea beating over time.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
They may come up with a new plastic that is as hard as glass, but right now, plastic is just too soft a material to use for a touchscreen. Because right now, even if you do everything right, the screen looks like it will takea beating over time.

I think we need to distinguish between plastic and plastic film. Plastic has been used before for touchscreens but not plastic film. If the plastic is a hard as glass then it's too rigid to fold.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
It’s the soft plastic film that’s dimpling according to the verge. And it’s reasonable to think that it that occurs in 1 day, it’s going to look like garbage in a year. It’s disconcerting to think the plastic film is basically holding the screen together but if it dimples, pits and deforms for 1 day of use that’s an entirely separate issue. Not cancelling yet as I am hoping that Samsung will make a public statement making it clear they will back these devices. If they say that, I’m in.

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think we need to distinguish between plastic and plastic film. Plastic has been used before for touchscreens but not plastic film. If the plastic is a hard as glass then it's too rigid to fold.

I use to rock a PocketPC back in the day, the era of plastic screens. It didn't take much to scratch them.

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not cancelling! Have insurance. Wouldn't be the first phone I returned if I don't like it. But I'm still excited to try it and I think I'll like it!
Elly

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Not Canceling, I have had plenty of devices with plastic screens and had no issues. That said, I will likely invest in some form of protection policy. I will also be looking for the best ways I can protect the fold from FOD damage..

cheers,
BR

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Not Canceling, I have had plenty of devices with plastic screens and had no issues. That said, I will likely invest in some form of protection policy. I will also be looking for the best ways I can protect the fold from FOD damage..

cheers,
BR

Any advice on best protection? Square trade?

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Any advice on best protection? Square trade?

I have only even had the policy thru Best Buy or the one thru AT&T (if I recall all the carriers use the same company the name begins with A) I think the policy I had thru BB ws better but I think it may have changed since then, I will have to do some research to see what the options are.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just to let you know. Before you guys get your's Samsung will probably have the screen problem all cleared up.
Samsung has already said they are moving along with production, didn't mention anything about changes. They are saying the problems are because of the film removal, so there's no reason for them to make changes. IMO

Last edited:

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
One issue is it's my understanding that att insurance covers the "line" not the phone itself. I switch SIM cards from time to time and found out that att will look at the phone on the line not the hardware. Anyone else experience this? This is a problem for me because I buy the device but use a work provided sim.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has already said they are moving along with production, didn't mention anything about changes. They are saying the problems are because of the film removal, so there's no reason for them to make changes. IMO

Exactly hopefully people can read and not remove the film like I says not to on the film

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01