04-26-2019 11:00 AM
39 12
tools
    With all the breaks some people are doing besides removing that screen layer. Has anyone panicked and canceled their order yet?
    04-19-2019 09:15 AM
    My preorder still holds. Not cancelling.
    04-19-2019 09:31 AM
    Not canceling. I have 15 days from att to return and plan to thoroughly inspect every mm of the phone.
    04-19-2019 10:43 AM
    not cancelling yet. Will have insurance on it though...In case Samsung does not step up.
    04-19-2019 12:13 PM
    I cancelled. The other stuff didn't bother me, but I didn't like the reports of dimpling on the screen. Those will build up over time and I have to think it would eventually harm the touchscreen capability.
    04-19-2019 01:22 PM
    I cancelled. The other stuff didn't bother me, but tI didn't like the reports of dimpling on the screen. Those will build up over time and I have to think it would eventually harm the touchscreen capability.
    Samsung needs to step up if the dimpling is a thing. That’s unacceptable to me and will cause me to cancel as well.
    04-19-2019 01:45 PM
    Just to let you know. Before you guys get your's Samsung will probably have the screen problem all cleared up.
    04-19-2019 01:51 PM
    Samsung needs to step up if the dimpling is a thing. That’s unacceptable to me and will cause me to cancel as well.
    They may come up with a new plastic that is as hard as glass, but right now, plastic is just too soft a material to use for a touchscreen. Because right now, even if you do everything right, the screen looks like it will takea beating over time.
    04-19-2019 01:54 PM
    They may come up with a new plastic that is as hard as glass, but right now, plastic is just too soft a material to use for a touchscreen. Because right now, even if you do everything right, the screen looks like it will takea beating over time.
    I think we need to distinguish between plastic and plastic film. Plastic has been used before for touchscreens but not plastic film. If the plastic is a hard as glass then it's too rigid to fold.
    04-19-2019 02:04 PM
    It’s the soft plastic film that’s dimpling according to the verge. And it’s reasonable to think that it that occurs in 1 day, it’s going to look like garbage in a year. It’s disconcerting to think the plastic film is basically holding the screen together but if it dimples, pits and deforms for 1 day of use that’s an entirely separate issue. Not cancelling yet as I am hoping that Samsung will make a public statement making it clear they will back these devices. If they say that, I’m in.
    04-19-2019 02:07 PM
    I think we need to distinguish between plastic and plastic film. Plastic has been used before for touchscreens but not plastic film. If the plastic is a hard as glass then it's too rigid to fold.
    I use to rock a PocketPC back in the day, the era of plastic screens. It didn't take much to scratch them.
    Xxtoxicskittlexx and brau0303 like this.
    04-19-2019 02:09 PM
    Loved those PPC. I loved my Audiovix PPC-6601. Babied the thing. The fold shouldn't be a problem.
    brau0303 likes this.
    04-19-2019 02:15 PM
    Not cancelling! Have insurance. Wouldn't be the first phone I returned if I don't like it. But I'm still excited to try it and I think I'll like it!
    Elly
    04-19-2019 02:23 PM
    Not Canceling, I have had plenty of devices with plastic screens and had no issues. That said, I will likely invest in some form of protection policy. I will also be looking for the best ways I can protect the fold from FOD damage..

cheers,
    BR
    04-19-2019 03:23 PM
    Not Canceling, I have had plenty of devices with plastic screens and had no issues. That said, I will likely invest in some form of protection policy. I will also be looking for the best ways I can protect the fold from FOD damage..

cheers,
    BR
    Any advice on best protection? Square trade?
    04-19-2019 04:23 PM
    I called ATT and they said that my current insurance will cover the fold. Take it for what it is. I will call again in a week to confirm.
    04-19-2019 05:12 PM
    Any advice on best protection? Square trade?
    I have only even had the policy thru Best Buy or the one thru AT&T (if I recall all the carriers use the same company the name begins with A) I think the policy I had thru BB ws better but I think it may have changed since then, I will have to do some research to see what the options are.
    04-19-2019 05:20 PM
    Just to let you know. Before you guys get your's Samsung will probably have the screen problem all cleared up.
    Samsung has already said they are moving along with production, didn't mention anything about changes. They are saying the problems are because of the film removal, so there's no reason for them to make changes. IMO
    04-21-2019 09:23 AM
    One issue is it's my understanding that att insurance covers the "line" not the phone itself. I switch SIM cards from time to time and found out that att will look at the phone on the line not the hardware. Anyone else experience this? This is a problem for me because I buy the device but use a work provided sim.
    04-21-2019 10:14 AM
    Samsung has already said they are moving along with production, didn't mention anything about changes. They are saying the problems are because of the film removal, so there's no reason for them to make changes. IMO
    Exactly hopefully people can read and not remove the film like I says not to on the film
    04-21-2019 12:29 PM
    Exactly hopefully people can read and not remove the film like I says not to on the film
    From what I've seen, not all the units had that warning on the screen.
    editguy likes this.
    04-21-2019 12:31 PM
    They appear to be delaying China launch, we will see if that is first sign of things to come or not.
    04-21-2019 03:14 PM
    They appear to be delaying China launch, we will see if that is first sign of things to come or not.
    Interesting. I wonder if they are going to delay the entire launch tomorrow. That would suck but if Samsung has identified a true flaw it would be the right thing to do. I'd rather they release them a d publicly tell buyers they have their backs for anything short of actual user damage.
    04-21-2019 03:33 PM
    I saw that. hope that doesn't become necessary! That would be so disappointing.
    Elly
    04-21-2019 03:55 PM
    I saw that. hope that doesn't become necessary! That would be so disappointing.
    Elly
    Better that way than if they ship broken phones. I’ve cancelled my pre-order now.
    04-21-2019 04:09 PM
39 12