Watch the last few minutes of this video. This guy sums it up perfect in the foldable. The fold phone is not recommended for the average user, if you only get phones ever couple, three years.. this is for the ones that have to get the latest, newest gadget every month. I respect this guy for his last few minutes on this phone.

Fast forward to 21.15 if you want to see what I'm talking about.

jcp007 likes this.
    04-19-2019 09:38 AM
    Watch the last few minutes of this video. This guy sums it up perfect in the foldable. The fold phone is not recommended for the average user, if you only get phones ever couple, three years.. this is for the ones that have to get the latest, newest gadget every month. I respect this guy for his last few minutes on this phone.

He's probably right
    04-19-2019 05:11 PM

Yeah I agree it definitely isn't for the average consumer. Most will be put off by price alone.
    04-19-2019 08:42 PM
    Right or wrong, the national press is absolutely having a field day with this. It seems like they’re just piling on without facts. In any event, I really think Samsung needs to issue a very public statement. Silence in the face of this heat would be a mistake.
    04-19-2019 08:48 PM
    Right or wrong, the national press is absolutely having a field day with this. It seems like they’re just piling on without facts. In any event, I really think Samsung needs to issue a very public statement. Silence in the face of this heat would be a mistake.
    Remind you of the note 7 Media bashing. Samsung was silent then and will be here also.
    04-19-2019 08:53 PM
    Remind you of the note 7 Media bashing. Samsung was silent then and will be here also.
    Hopefully they state something if need be. I mean the one screen thing where it actually broke on the Fold could be one of those oh **** moments that can happen with any phone. The screen thing can be solved with an in your face warning and then if someone sees it then still tries to remove it... Then that's fully on them.
    04-19-2019 08:57 PM
    They weren’t silent at all. The recalled all the phones and offered everyone a temporary phone for free until their new note 7 was ready.
    04-19-2019 09:02 PM
    They weren’t silent at all. The recalled all the phones and offered everyone a temporary phone for free until their new note 7 was ready.
    They were silent on the process. I went thru it, nobody knew much except they were recalling them, the carriers were in the blind also. That's my opinion and how I remember it. It's not a huge deal, but Samsung is usually quiet and don't release much info on things like this.
    Almeuit likes this.
    04-19-2019 09:06 PM
    I find it hard to believe that the issues with the Galaxy Fold passed through Samsung QC. Reviewers had their phone for 2 days and had issues with debris getting under the screen. Hopefully, Samsung figures it out and hopefully resources for the Note 10 won't get diverted to the Fold...
    04-24-2019 09:48 AM
    04-24-2019 10:12 AM
    Pretty awful actually. I know absolutely zero about engineering but this looks like a series of horrible misfires. It really was a beta prototype. The amount of open space between the the screen and the hinge is simply insane. I think it's fixable bit im a bit shocked they didn't fix it a long time ago.
    04-24-2019 10:31 AM
    I find it hard to believe that the issues with the Galaxy Fold passed through Samsung QC. Reviewers had their phone for 2 days and had issues with debris getting under the screen. Hopefully, Samsung figures it out and hopefully resources for the Note 10 won't get diverted to the Fold...
    It's worse than Quality Control. The issue is actually Quality Assurance because it's a flawed design. They built exactly what they designed.
    04-24-2019 10:41 AM
    It's worse than Quality Control. The issue is actually Quality Assurance because it's a flawed design. They built exactly what they designed.
    But even if the design was flawed, it should have bared itself out during QA and if not QC. I'm sorry, but it makes absolutely no sense for the phone to had make it to the production stage with this big of a design flaw.
    04-24-2019 10:49 AM
    But even if the design was flawed, it should have bared itself out during QA and if not QC. I'm sorry, but it makes absolutely no sense for the phone to had make it to the production stage with this big of a design flaw.
    I'm not defending them one bit. Good QA would have eliminated any design flaws and QA in this case was a big fail I'm also not willing to cut them any slack just because it's new tech.
    codeda likes this.
    04-24-2019 10:54 AM
    I'm not defending them one bit. Good QA would have eliminated any design flaws and QA in this case was a big fail I'm also not willing to cut them any slack just because it's new tech.
    Product design and execution are more to blame by not doing more to strengthen the durability of the Fold in terms of hinge design, tolerances and particle/liquid intrusion. This is where I would fault Samsung but would stop well short of declaring the Fold a total fail. I would favor the Fold hinge mechanism over the Mate X hinge. The Mate X, while we won't know until it gets into reviewers hands, might have a few product durability challenges.
    04-24-2019 01:16 PM
    Product design and execution are more to blame by not doing more to strengthen the durability of the Fold in terms of hinge design, tolerances and particle/liquid intrusion. This is where I would fault Samsung but would stop well short of declaring the Fold a total fail. I would favor the Fold hinge mechanism over the Mate X hinge. The Mate X, while we won't know until it gets into reviewers hands, might have a few product durability challenges.
    QA is the process for Product design and expectations whereas QC ensures the quality expectations are met
    04-24-2019 02:59 PM
    QA is the process for Product design and expectations whereas QC ensures the quality expectations are met
    Thanks very much for clarifying.
    04-24-2019 03:00 PM