05-13-2019 11:55 PM
46 12
tools
    Haven’t seen any recent news or articles?
    ilordvader likes this.
    05-06-2019 02:49 AM
    From the reviews who would really want one? Unless they fix the screen issue I don't see Samsung releasing it any day soon.
    05-06-2019 08:40 AM
    From the reviews who would really want one? Unless they fix the screen issue I don't see Samsung releasing it any day soon.
    I agree. To much money for first generation. The more I think about it, the more I start thinking a folding screen is more novelty and overkill.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-06-2019 07:28 PM
    I agree. To much money for first generation. The more I think about it, the more I start thinking a folding screen is more novelty and overkill.
    I am definitely not interested....wasn't before and certainly not now.
    05-07-2019 12:57 AM
    Samsung Still Has No Idea When the Galaxy Fold Will Launch

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/05/07...e-galaxy-fold/
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    05-07-2019 07:58 AM
    Samsung Still Has No Idea When the Galaxy Fold Will Launch

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/05/07...e-galaxy-fold/
    More reasons to skip this one.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    05-07-2019 08:10 AM
    I think they will release something towards the end of the year if they can fix the weak points of debris getting into the phone. If they can't, think we will see a new design next year. Cancelling pre orders is a big sign they have no clue when they will get it right, and good on them for not releasing until ready.
    05-07-2019 11:15 AM
    Samsung said that if the fix is not ready by May31st they will cancel all preorders and refund any moneys to customers. Federal regulators are getting involved at this point. I can’t believe they didn’t test this device before releasing it and if someone suggest they did test it then they are 100% wrong. Way to go Samsung.
    05-07-2019 11:19 AM
    Samsung said that if the fix is not ready by May31st they will cancel all preorders and refund any moneys to customers. Federal regulators are getting involved at this point. I can’t believe they didn’t test this device before releasing it and if someone suggest they did test it then they are 100% wrong. Way to go Samsung.
    They tested it, just not adequately. To your point, it's as if they didn't.
    05-07-2019 11:51 AM
    I wouldn't count the Fold or future Samsung foldable smartphone out completely. I can't see abandoning years of research and millions of dollars and man hours.
    05-07-2019 12:33 PM
    That’s not quite what they said. What they said is that if you do not click the link to keep your preorder by 5/31, they will cancel. If you click the link, then the preorder will remain in place. That’s because federal law requires them to cancel the undelivered preorders unless the customer opts back in and waives it. The email note is being overblown.

That said, I do agree that they should probably just give the fold a mercy killing at this point. I still have my att preorder but I can cancel anytime. I enjoy a good train wreck. This theatre is fun. They should bag this one and focus on whatever was being developed behind it. But corporate greed and arrogance might get in the way.
    05-07-2019 12:57 PM
    That’s not quite what they said. What they said is that if you do not click the link to keep your preorder by 5/31, they will cancel. If you click the link, then the preorder will remain in place. That’s because federal law requires them to cancel the undelivered preorders unless the customer opts back in and waives it. The email note is being overblown.

That said, I do agree that they should probably just give the fold a mercy killing at this point. I still have my att preorder but I can cancel anytime. I enjoy a good train wreck. This theatre is fun. They should bag this one and focus on whatever was being developed behind it. But corporate greed and arrogance might get in the way.
    Sometimes it's better to be second
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    05-07-2019 03:13 PM
    I wouldn't count the Fold or future Samsung foldable smartphone out completely. I can't see abandoning years of research and millions of dollars and man hours.
    They shouldn't but they should scrape this version and work on version 2.
    05-07-2019 04:50 PM
    Don't think they are giving up. I think it was rushed, and I think part of the reason is that they are feeling pressure from Huawei nipping at their heels. I think, if not for the political hindrance, Huawei might have unseated Samsung already as the king of Android. Even with the hurdles, Huawei is on a path to surpass Samsung within a year.
    05-07-2019 09:52 PM
    Don't think they are giving up. I think it was rushed, and I think part of the reason is that they are feeling pressure from Huawei nipping at their heels. I think, if not for the political hindrance, Huawei might have unseated Samsung already as the king of Android. Even with the hurdles, Huawei is on a path to surpass Samsung within a year.
    I don't think Huawei will surpass Samsung in a year.... certainly not in the US market.
    05-07-2019 09:54 PM
    I don't think Huawei will surpass Samsung in a year.... certainly not in the US market.
    I'm talking total volume - not US market.
    https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...share-idc-2019
    05-07-2019 09:57 PM
    I'm talking total volume - not US market.
    https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...share-idc-2019
    The first part of my sentence implied total Market though I could have been more specific. What are the current numbers now that they're so close?
    05-07-2019 10:03 PM
    The first part of my sentence implied total Market though I could have been more specific. What are the current numbers now that they're so close?
    There are lots of articles about it. Huawei is #2 now. Samsung sales declining, Huawei sales ballooning. Also, political resistance seems to be weakening. Some say Huawei could even overtake Samsung before the end of this year. The point is, I guarantee Samsung is feeling the pressure to try and hold on to their image as top dog.
    05-07-2019 10:11 PM
    There are lots of articles about it. Huawei is #2 now. Samsung sales declining, Huawei sales ballooning. Also, political resistance seems to be weakening. Some say Huawei could even overtake Samsung before the end of this year. The point is, I guarantee Samsung is feeling the pressure to try and hold their image as top dog.
    Without a doubt.... There's always somebody looking to eat your lunch in business
    05-07-2019 10:14 PM
    Without a doubt.... There's always somebody looking to eat your lunch in business
    Another article from a few days ago -

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/huawei-...ews-29995.html

Huawei Has Blown Past the iPhone, and Samsung Is Next

"If Huawei keeps this pace up, it won’t be long before it surpasses Samsung, which has been the No. 1 smartphone maker for years. IHS Markit says that Huawei’s market share worldwide was 18 percent in Q2, compared to 22 percent for Samsung. So if Huawei’s growth rate continues, it could knock Samsung from its pedestal as soon as this year. "
    05-07-2019 10:25 PM
    No doubt Huawei takes the lead globally soon. I see that as a good thing. Everyone will up their game to compete. Can only be good for the consumer.
    05-08-2019 03:06 AM
    They did test it but just not enough and clearly not at all enough in real world usage.

I think they partly felt pressure from Huawei, and therefore wanted to be first out the gate as quickly as possible and it has comeback to bite them.

The good thing is that Samsung can afford to take a knock like this, this is not 'Note7 bad'.
    05-08-2019 06:12 AM
    They did test it but just not enough and clearly not at all enough in real world usage.

I think they partly felt pressure from Huawei, and therefore wanted to be first out the gate as quickly as possible and it has comeback to bite them.

The good thing is that Samsung can afford to take a knock like this, this is not 'Note7 bad'.
    It is and it isn’t. It isn’t as bad in that no ones actual safety is at risk. But the optics are pretty bad for a giant company like Samsung. In some ways, this is unprecedented. To have a device actually pulled back literally on the eve of release? I can’t remember such a situation. It’s beyond embarrassing. Apple deservedly took a lot of heat for AirPower but at least they never got as far as accepting preorders and taking customers’ money. It’s hard to be sympathetic because the design flaws seem so obvious even to an average person like me. How in the world could they think those open gaps in the hinge were not going to be a problem?!!
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    05-08-2019 08:26 AM
    05-09-2019 05:31 AM
    Ther article says it has to refund the preorders. They were never charged.
    05-09-2019 07:18 AM
46 12