Is it dead?

alanjc

Mar 28, 2019
Visit site
Best Buy had to cancel pre orders as did Samsung. The difference is that Samsung asked people for consent to extend it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well with Huawei in turmoil right now I would suspect that maybe they may not launch their folding phone?? If that's the case, Samsung is now in no hurry or need to launch there Fold anytime soon.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well with Huawei in turmoil right now I would suspect that maybe they may not launch their folding phone?? If that's the case, Samsung is now in no hurry or need to launch there Fold anytime soon.

Too many variables for that to be the reason why Samsung hasn't launched yet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I would say the Huawei stuff has zero to do with Samsung and the delay on their fold.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I'd say they're just taking their time to revise the Folds ?

They probably manufactured a first batch so my guess is they're very seriously trying to figure it out before they announce a new release date.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, I believe there were articles that said the reason Samsung pushed to release the Fold as soon as they did was to beat Huawei. So I don't think it's a reach in that, they were pushing hard for a fix and to give a new release date as soon as possible. But now with Huawei issue... instead of pushing some half-*** fixes and maybe still getting embarassed at second release... they can now hold off on release date for more testing... or quietly put it aside and focus on Fold2 because you'll have Note 10 to distract and S11 down further down.

I would say the Huawei stuff has zero to do with Samsung and the delay on their fold.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, I believe there were articles that said the reason Samsung pushed to release the Fold as soon as they did was to beat Huawei. So I don't think it's a reach in that, they were pushing hard for a fix and to give a new release date as soon as possible. But now with Huawei issue... instead of pushing some half-*** fixes and maybe still getting embarassed at second release... they can now hold off on release date for more testing... or quietly put it aside and focus on Fold2 because you'll have Note 10 to distract and S11 down further down.

I don't think the Huawei situation gives them a breather and are sitting on their laurels. There's currently insurmountable pressure to get it out regardless of the Huawei situation. Besides Huawei could still release theirs.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would say so. No one really cares and even if they do release it I doubt it will do that great. IMO they should just scrap it. They really dropped the ball on trying to be quick with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11