Samsung Electronics CEO admits he launched the Galaxy Fold too early

AlphaBeepBeep

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don’t think this phone will ever launch. I was really excited about it and had high hopes for it but months later and they still can’t set a launch date.

I just don’t see it launching at this point. Makes me sad. I really wanted a phone I could fold into a tablet.
I wouldn't recommend buying a first gen device of this nature unless the money doesn't matter to you. Even if they fix the problems it just doesn't look like a finished product. Screens just aren't meant to be folded.
Personally, I think the Huawei design is better from a usability standpoint while folded but I don't trust the durability of screen folding externally.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I think Samsung missed their window of hype with this device. It will now become a novelty item that You tubers can brag about having.

I'm more looking forward to their clamshell foldable. What's old is new again, with a twist.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yawn. They failed. This phone is dead in the water.. design fix or not.

Completely disagree. It will never have the hype it could have had, nor will the numbers be huge. But, I still feel those that pony up will have something no other phone does. There simply is nothing else out there like it....at least this year. Yes, next gen will be even better but if this is indeed fixed, it will be far superior to the Note 10 being launched.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Completely disagree. It will never have the hype it could have had, nor will the numbers be huge. But, I still feel those that pony up will have something no other phone does. There simply is nothing else out there like it....at least this year. Yes, next gen will be even better but if this is indeed fixed, it will be far superior to the Note 10 being launched.

I definitely don't agree on it being superior at all. If anything it's a downgrade to me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Bigger screen, higher resolution, smaller package. Similar processing and camera specs. How is it a downgrade other than perhaps the pen that no one uses.

I know plenty that use it lol. Smaller package? Eh not if you want to actually use it properly.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I definitely don't agree on it being superior at all. If anything it's a downgrade to me.

Truth is somewhere in the middle I think. Yes, this iteration failed and failed hard. But just like the aftermath of the Note 7...I'm not sure you can ever really count Samsung out. They'll likely come with something that makes us look back years later and say, oh yeah, remember that first fold? Well look at it now!

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers