44 12
tools
    I’ll try one and return it if it sucks.
    07-30-2019 09:27 PM
    Make sure there's no restocking charge
    07-30-2019 09:37 PM
    Hopefully it proves to suck before the 14 days is up.
    07-30-2019 09:40 PM
    I'm as excited as ever about getting it! I will have insurance, a backup phone and will know within days if I need to return it. Very little risk to try something so innovative. New products have to start somewhere. I hope there are enough people left on here who are positive and excited so I have others to share questions and discoveries with!
    Can't wait,
    Elly
    AlphaBeepBeep likes this.
    07-31-2019 06:57 AM
    Insurance only replaces the phone, not refund it, with high deductibles. So, could just be paying deductibles to replace one piece of junk for another.
    07-31-2019 07:00 AM
    So in a short few months they managed to resolve every problem seen with first reiteration. Not buying that for one second. Maybe I'll be eating crow but either way it's definitely not for me yet will be interesting to see what the final outcome is after much use.
    They only mitigated the temptation to peel the screen and partially mitigated debris entry at the hinge. Nothing changes that it's a soft plastic screen. If you baby it and minimize exposure to certain elements it should last till the next iteration.
    07-31-2019 12:07 PM
    They only mitigated the temptation to peel the screen and partially mitigated debris entry at the hinge. Nothing changes that it's a soft plastic screen. If you baby it and minimize exposure to certain elements it should last till the next iteration.
    Babying it might be putting it lightly. I envision the likes of OtterBox Defender Series and LifeProof when thinking of the Fold's display, personally not a pretty sight after they've seen some regular use... Definitely won't be good for resale value if that happens.
    07-31-2019 09:02 PM
    It'll be interesting to see how fast the price drops after release on this one.
    07-31-2019 09:57 PM
    I'm as excited as ever about getting it! I will have insurance, a backup phone and will know within days if I need to return it. Very little risk to try something so innovative. New products have to start somewhere. I hope there are enough people left on here who are positive and excited so I have others to share questions and discoveries with!
    Can't wait,
    Elly
    I’m getting excited again as well. Would love a foldable tablet I can put in my pocket
    07-31-2019 11:32 PM
    I’m getting excited again as well. Would love a foldable tablet I can put in my pocket
    Lol. Well, I guess there's two of us anyway!
    Elly
    AlphaBeepBeep likes this.
    08-01-2019 04:16 PM
    Make sure there's no restocking charge

Best Buy does have a restocking fee, it's either $30 or $35. When I purchased my S9 phone at Best Buy earlier this year, they informed me of the restocking fee.
    08-03-2019 09:20 AM
    Yeah! Welcome! 3 of us now!
    Elly
    08-05-2019 06:42 PM
    To much wrong with any device with a plastic screen that folds. Watched Zack @JerryRig scratch that other foldable with his fingernail. Of course that folded with the screen on the outside but if anyone thinks for one sec that this thing won’t be prone to almost immediate scratching(and creasing)is kidding themselves. This experience all for the low, low price of $2000. Very hard pass from me on this 1st gen device.
    You 3 that are considering I will be interested to hear your reviews. Enjoy!
    Elky64 likes this.
    08-06-2019 02:17 PM
    Kind of surprised they didn’t mention it at the note event. Not even a preorder date.
    08-12-2019 12:48 AM
    Kind of surprised they didn’t mention it at the note event. Not even a preorder date.
    Doubt they wanted to bring up their flops announcing a new phone. Out if sight, out of mind
    08-12-2019 08:09 AM
    Why would they mention a failed phone when announcing their better phone?
    08-12-2019 01:42 PM
    It's pretty bad when they have to be embarrassed to even mention it. They put a lot of work (and $) into that thing too.
    Why would they mention a failed phone when announcing their better phone?
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-12-2019 05:37 PM
    They didn’t even mention the Galaxy home speaker again LOL which now has been announced over a year ago which in my opinion is already a failed product right up there with the Fold.
    08-13-2019 07:00 PM
    They didn’t even mention the Galaxy home speaker again LOL which now has been announced over a year ago which in my opinion is already a failed product right up there with the Fold.
    Dead products are dead.
    08-17-2019 01:26 AM
44 12