Fold is fixed, September release

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
2k for a beta phone that they had to take back to the drawing board to *HOPEFULLY* Fix?

Yeah no thanks.

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm as excited as ever about getting it! I will have insurance, a backup phone and will know within days if I need to return it. Very little risk to try something so innovative. New products have to start somewhere. I hope there are enough people left on here who are positive and excited so I have others to share questions and discoveries with!
Can't wait,
Elly

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So in a short few months they managed to resolve every problem seen with first reiteration. Not buying that for one second. Maybe I'll be eating crow but either way it's definitely not for me yet will be interesting to see what the final outcome is after much use.
They only mitigated the temptation to peel the screen and partially mitigated debris entry at the hinge. Nothing changes that it's a soft plastic screen. If you baby it and minimize exposure to certain elements it should last till the next iteration.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
They only mitigated the temptation to peel the screen and partially mitigated debris entry at the hinge. Nothing changes that it's a soft plastic screen. If you baby it and minimize exposure to certain elements it should last till the next iteration.

Babying it might be putting it lightly. I envision the likes of OtterBox Defender Series and LifeProof when thinking of the Fold's display, personally not a pretty sight after they've seen some regular use... Definitely won't be good for resale value if that happens.

AlphaBeepBeep

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site
I'm as excited as ever about getting it! I will have insurance, a backup phone and will know within days if I need to return it. Very little risk to try something so innovative. New products have to start somewhere. I hope there are enough people left on here who are positive and excited so I have others to share questions and discoveries with!
Can't wait,
Elly

I’m getting excited again as well. Would love a foldable tablet I can put in my pocket

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
To much wrong with any device with a plastic screen that folds. Watched Zack @JerryRig scratch that other foldable with his fingernail. Of course that folded with the screen on the outside but if anyone thinks for one sec that this thing won’t be prone to almost immediate scratching(and creasing)is kidding themselves. This experience all for the low, low price of $2000. Very hard pass from me on this 1st gen device.
You 3 that are considering I will be interested to hear your reviews. Enjoy!