this phone is awesome.

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone thought about using a flexible screen protector for the inside display. Mine is showing some light scratches already from delicate use after a day. I bought one and I'm gonna give it a try.
Call the Fold Service line. I think this will void any warranty. I called about putting one on the glass external screen and they advised not to do that. And I'm sorry you're seeing scratches! I've had mine about a week. No scratches.
Elly

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Call the Fold Service line. I think this will void any warranty. I called about putting one on the glass external screen and they advised not to do that. And I'm sorry you're seeing scratches! I've had mine about a week. No scratches.
Elly
Now that you mention it a screen protector could damage the screen trying to take it off.

Ricksanchez32

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
Now that you mention it a screen protector could damage the screen trying to take it off.

The way I see it. It the screen protector takes and real damage and needs to be changed it saved the actual screen and is worth the small chance of screen damage on removal, considering if there wasn't an extra protector I'd be considering screen replacement anyways. I've been using a tpu protector on my hauwei p30 pro since I've received it. Changed it a couple times already and upon removal it's more like removing a non adhesive static cling window sticker. It comes off super easy without any hard pulling or stretching of the film.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
The one thing that disappoints me with the Fold (durability stuff aside) is how underwhelming that front display looks.

There's just SO much "wasted" space above and underneath it.

At 4.6", it's about as big as my KEY2's display (although of course much nicer in quality).

Personally I think it would have been cool to push that 4.6" screen up a bit and add a physical keyboard underneath it as it would seem to add more functionality than just the dead space.

Aside from that, it's a huge breathe of fresh air in an era where the only dominating form factor is the solid state slab of glass.

Andria Ingram

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I got to see a display model at an AT&T store yesterday. It was up and running and fully functional. Mine is arriving today and I can hardly wait! Everything I saw yesterday makes me think that this is gonna be a wonderful phone to have!
Elly

How are you liking it so far? I feel like mine is the best phone I've ever possessed, and that's a long list. My note 10+ was great, but the Fold is on another level; definitely not regretting the purchase!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The way I see it. It the screen protector takes and real damage and needs to be changed it saved the actual screen and is worth the small chance of screen damage on removal, considering if there wasn't an extra protector I'd be considering screen replacement anyways. I've been using a tpu protector on my hauwei p30 pro since I've received it. Changed it a couple times already and upon removal it's more like removing a non adhesive static cling window sticker. It comes off super easy without any hard pulling or stretching of the film.

Good idea....Samsung should probably design something with low adhesion that they stand behind as opposed to some third party solutions that people might try and cause problems.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The one thing that disappoints me with the Fold (durability stuff aside) is how underwhelming that front display looks.

There's just SO much "wasted" space above and underneath it.

At 4.6", it's about as big as my KEY2's display (although of course much nicer in quality).

Personally I think it would have been cool to push that 4.6" screen up a bit and add a physical keyboard underneath it as it would seem to add more functionality than just the dead space.

Aside from that, it's a huge breathe of fresh air in an era where the only dominating form factor is the solid state slab of glass.
I like the Huawei design better aesthetically because it folds out but that is probably a durability nightmare.

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
How are you liking it so far? I feel like mine is the best phone I've ever possessed, and that's a long list. My note 10+ was great, but the Fold is on another level; definitely not regretting the purchase!
I am loving this phone! It's great for my needs. Best phone I've ever had too. I was at the AT&T store today. They have had one on display up there since September 27th. I thought I would check in on it and see how it looked after the public had played with it. I asked if it was still the same phone and the Rep told me it was still the same phone, they only got one display model. It had a lot of finger prints on it but no scratches or damage that I could see. And there is also this video: https://youtu.be/NAFcD10CJqM

Very happy with this phone so far!
Elly

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
If the same people that call it awesome now come back in a few months and still confirm that their Fold is in great condition with zero screen/mechanism defects after having constantly been pulled in/out of pockets etc, it would surely add confidence in this thing.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If the same people that call it awesome now come back in a few months and still confirm that their Fold is in great condition with zero screen/mechanism defects after having constantly been pulled in/out of pockets etc, it would surely add confidence in this thing.
You're right, it's the honeymoon stage now.