11-07-2019 08:39 PM
54 123
tools
    I love this phone! Best piece of tech I've ever owned. Damn that fake news for soiling this phone reputation.

I mean, literally everyone who has one was able to scratch the display within the first day of owning one. Definitely NOT fake news.
    10-02-2019 07:15 AM
    Sorry if this is a dumb thought, But I have to wonder.. If you know your phone can potentially be damaged by doing something.. would it not make sense to avoid doing that something? and reduce the risk of damage.. Just saying. I think if you are careful with this device you should not have any major issues. We all survived with our early generation Phones/PDA's

Cheers,
    BR
    bchain996 likes this.
    10-02-2019 07:31 AM
    Sorry if this is a dumb thought, But I have to wonder.. If you know your phone can potentially be damaged by doing something.. would it not make sense to avoid doing that something? and reduce the risk of damage.. Just saying. I think if you are careful with this device you should not have any major issues. We all survived with our early generation Phones/PDA's

Cheers,
    BR
    Yes, but when it's as simple as a fingernail that can damage the screen, that's pretty fragile, there's a lot of things that will damage it, so avoiding is more difficult.

Time will tell on this. It's a sit back and see what happens deal, just not looking good at first, but real time results will be the true answer.
    10-02-2019 07:44 AM

Cheers,
    BR
    Yes, you can always be careful. The thing is I've had screens scratch where I couldn't figure out how it happened. On glass screens you can at least add a screen protector. If someone can't design a protector for the fold and something gets caught in between it pretty much history.
    Putting the delicate screen aside I just don't see a need for this device. It's cute, but I just don't need a convertible device. The outside screen is also too small for me. That doesn't mean that anyone else shouldn't go out and buy it. In fact I think it's great that there interest in this device. It's the only chance of future generations being developed.

I actually like the form factor of the Huawei device, however since the screens face outward that makes it even easier to damage.
    10-02-2019 09:31 AM
    Yah, Not a fan of screen outward folding (seems like that's just tempting the fates)
    10-02-2019 09:54 AM
    The latest from Microsoft, a foldable device. Technology marches on.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/2/2...e-release-date
    10-02-2019 12:25 PM
    The latest from Microsoft, a foldable device. Technology marches on.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/2/2...e-release-date
    Interesting, Wonder what the cost will be. since they are not expected till late 2020 I bet there will be other developments in this space between now and then..

Cheers,
    BR
    10-02-2019 12:39 PM
    Interesting, Wonder what the cost will be. since they are not expected till late 2020 I bet there will be other developments in this space between now and then..

Cheers,
    BR
    It is still a year away, but another example of where tech is headed. I wouldn't even guess as to the price at release.
    10-02-2019 12:52 PM
    Have you ran your fingernail across the screen to see if that was fake news?
    in what real world scenario would this occur? PS, women with fingernails have run there fingernails across my screen. Maybe I got lucky. It did not scratch.
    10-02-2019 07:55 PM
    in what real world scenario would this occur? PS, women with fingernails have run there fingernails across my screen. Maybe I got lucky. It did not scratch.
    It doesn't have to be a fingernail. That's just an example.
    10-03-2019 04:12 PM
    It doesn't have to be a fingernail. That's just an example.
    Exactly. I read that one reviewer was using it outside and a butterfly landed on it and scratched the screen. Probably with it's fingernail.
    chevyman29 likes this.
    10-03-2019 04:25 PM
    Exactly. I read that one reviewer was using it outside and a butterfly landed on it and scratched the screen. Probably with it's fingernail.
    You're pulling my leg
    jhimmel likes this.
    10-03-2019 08:37 PM
    Actually to clarify, they don't have fingernails, that tiny claws (helps them remain stable when they land on stuff)

Cheers,
    BR
    jhimmel likes this.
    10-04-2019 08:01 AM
    Got mine from AT&T, they overnighted it, which was nice. Didn't want to travel 25 miles to the closest store in Orlando to see one. AT&T or Bestbuy. Loving it, got use to unlocked phones. All the AT&T bloatware, wow. Got about 25% off with 2 yrs. Agreement. I usually careful with all my phones, I use them a few or more months, then sell on swappable or Ebay. Note 10+ on swappa very soon.
    10-18-2019 09:56 AM
    Got mine from AT&T, they overnighted it, which was nice. Didn't want to travel 25 miles to the closest store in Orlando to see one. AT&T or Bestbuy. Loving it, got use to unlocked phones. All the AT&T bloatware, wow. Got about 25% off with 2 yrs. Agreement. I usually careful with all my phones, I use them a few or more months, then sell on swappable or Ebay. Note 10+ on swappa very soon.
    Do you plan on using this one for a few months also?
    10-18-2019 12:21 PM
    How often do you run your fingernails across your screen...? That's like complaining about a glass phone screen scratching when your drag your diamond ring over it.
    Hahahaha BAMMMMM!
    10-18-2019 09:20 PM
    Depends on what the Galaxy 11 line up looks like, and the Fold 2 might come out!
    10-28-2019 09:40 AM
    I am on day 5 with the phone and here are my observations so far. Will keep till day 13 and make a final decision. So far may keep it but the 2k price is making me think about returning it. Otherwise, it would be a no brainer keeper phone.

Pros:

The look is great and you must see it in person to get a better grip and it feels on your hands.
    The front screen is smaller than I would like but no issues reading, typing or accessing apps that way.
    The folded screen is amazing and my only concern was it it would feel flimsy but, apparently there is metal behind it and does not feel like my finger will damage it at all.
    Typing is easy with gboard and I reset 3 buttons to be on the left side screen for easy access.
    My live wallpaper look amazing but a couple keep force closing and sent email to developer for assistance.
    I found a blue case on ebay and looks amazing and its on the mail already, once I get it that may tip me over the edge to keep it.
    The fact that it is not waterproof, dust proof is not issue to me as i always carry the phone on my hand w a death grip.

Cons:

Only so far is the price but, I am considering an iphone 11 Pro Max at $1100.00 but you get so much more innovation, screen, battery, earburs included in the fold price.

Only time will tell and will make final decision this weekend or by day 13 on November 7th.

Ian B
    10-29-2019 03:51 PM
    I am on day 5 with the phone and here are my observations so far. Will keep till day 13 and make a final decision. So far may keep it but the 2k price is making me think about returning it. Otherwise, it would be a no brainer keeper phone.

Pros:

The look is great and you must see it in person to get a better grip and it feels on your hands.
    The front screen is smaller than I would like but no issues reading, typing or accessing apps that way.
    The folded screen is amazing and my only concern was it it would feel flimsy but, apparently there is metal behind it and does not feel like my finger will damage it at all.
    Typing is easy with gboard and I reset 3 buttons to be on the left side screen for easy access.
    My live wallpaper look amazing but a couple keep force closing and sent email to developer for assistance.
    I found a blue case on ebay and looks amazing and its on the mail already, once I get it that may tip me over the edge to keep it.
    The fact that it is not waterproof, dust proof is not issue to me as i always carry the phone on my hand w a death grip.

Cons:

Only so far is the price but, I am considering an iphone 11 Pro Max at $1100.00 but you get so much more innovation, screen, battery, earburs included in the fold price.

Only time will tell and will make final decision this weekend or by day 13 on November 7th.

Ian B
    Nice. Update us on what you end up doing.
    10-29-2019 07:07 PM
    Nice. Update us on what you end up doing.
    Ended up returning the ATT Fold as they require it to be locked for 2 months on pospaid account and 6 months for prepaid accounts like mine even though I already paid it in full. Tried the ATT unlock portal but it was denied for this reason. Went to BB and they placed and unlocked Fold order. They will call me when it gets here.

Ian B
    10-30-2019 03:53 PM
    Ended up returning the ATT Fold as they require it to be locked for 2 months on pospaid account and 6 months for prepaid accounts like mine even though I already paid it in full. Tried the ATT unlock portal but it was denied for this reason. Went to BB and they placed and unlocked Fold order. They will call me when it gets here.

Ian B
    Ya, I left ATT last year for TMobile. Can't be happier.
    11-02-2019 06:55 PM
    My BB order for unlocked version came in tonight and will pick it up tomorrow and return the iphone 11 pro max.

Ian B
    11-05-2019 02:00 AM
    Picked up my fold about an hour ago and at 6pm will set it up. Can not wait.
    11-05-2019 04:52 PM
    I am with T-mobile also, have the fold on AT&T for 2 months and will unlock.
    11-05-2019 07:02 PM
    Fold all set up and looks like a bad ***. My BB clerk told me he has been the only one selling them(mgr) at this store and has sold a total of 5. Wow, this thing is hard to come by.
    11-06-2019 10:22 AM
54 123