Fold 2 form factor may be different?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I'd prefer it... but still hate that they have that crease smack in the middle of your screen.

I doubt it is ever going to change. at least they did not cut a slit on it so it will fold better. I work in the paper industry. did you know they cut slits on paper so it will fold better? come to think about it, maybe there should be a slit on the phone since it will not be as wide as the crease.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd prefer it... but still hate that they have that crease smack in the middle of your screen.

In the current iterations I like the clamshell better too. Once they get more of the kinks ironed out of the tablet sized fold I might be interested. Currently it's too thick when folded for my tastes.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I was going to get a Z Flip for 1380 or whatever, but then I looked at prices on Swappa for a good used Fold. I was able to get a mint one (minus Galaxy Buds) for 1340! So I went Fold! Go big or go home, am I right? lol

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm really interested in the fold 2. Samsung's software still annoys me but i love the idea of having a portable tablet in my pocket at all times. The Microsoft duo looks gimped, and the pixel 5 isn't looking like a huge upgrade over the 4. Hopefully durability is solid on this generation.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm really interested in the fold 2. Samsung's software still annoys me but i love the idea of having a portable tablet in my pocket at all times. The Microsoft duo looks gimped, and the pixel 5 isn't looking like a huge upgrade over the 4. Hopefully durability is solid on this generation.

Yep, I was interested in the Microsoft Duo until I saw the specs! I guess they are targeting more business oriented people with that. Still the specs were a big letdown.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I was interested in the Microsoft Duo until I saw the specs! I guess they are targeting more business oriented people with that. Still the specs were a big letdown.
It's too big also when folded and it looks like the screen has to be folded out to use it as a phone.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

I like it too. Plus lower price. But with no nfc for contactless payments, it was a no go. I pay with my phone alot.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Duo is a perfect work from home device for many folks. Has all the MS O365 benefits with dual screens and such. I’ll probably grab one for that reason as I use a regular Surface device for that purpose now.

But my daily driver is going to be the Fold2. I’m an avid mountain biker and kayaker so we’ll see how it holds up to every day use.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Duo is a perfect work from home device for many folks. Has all the MS O365 benefits with dual screens and such. I’ll probably grab one for that reason as I use a regular Surface device for that purpose now.

But my daily driver is going to be the Fold2. I’m an avid mountain biker and kayaker so we’ll see how it holds up to every day use.

Awesome, love to hear how it holds up. I'm not a very outdoorsy type so my Fold2 won't be going through much, but will keep my V60 as a backup.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

You're going to take your Fold 2 Kayaking and mountain biking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol