I bought a fold and after only 8 weeks it started to get pixel damage, most unhappy I was.
    01-27-2020 02:32 AM
    Oh well, it's only a thing, and things don't matter very much compared to the people and animals we love. In fact I'm not sure that they matter at all.

Thread moved from AAQ - you didn't actually ask a question - to Galaxy Fold.
    01-27-2020 08:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry that happened to you! Did you buy any kind of insurance on the device - perhaps you could get a replacement?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-27-2020 08:44 AM
    I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-27-2020 09:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Considering all of the screen and other quality issues mentioned in almost every review of the Fold, not too surprising this is -- expect something different did you, hmm? The phone should still be under warranty, so contact Samsung about it.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-27-2020 11:29 AM
    Samsung offer a replacement screen for $149 I believe. but try your warranty first.
    01-27-2020 01:00 PM
    First generation issues. I was at best buy and they have the fold on display, but locked up. Every other Samsung device was there on display not locked up, free for everyone to touch and play with. Samsung has the fold locked up, have to ask to look at it.. Tells me the fold is so fragile they don't want everyone opening and closing all the time.. That should be telling people to pass on this IMO.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    02-01-2020 08:46 AM
    First generation issues. I was at best buy and they have the fold on display, but locked up. Every other Samsung device was there on display not locked up, free for everyone to touch and play with. Samsung has the fold locked up, have to ask to look at it.. Tells me the fold is so fragile they don't want everyone opening and closing all the time.. That should be telling people to pass on this IMO.
    That's disappointing that they don't have it out for the public to observe. You do have a point about its fragile nature, though.
    02-01-2020 02:35 PM
    3months w fold and not a single issue or scratch. Conversation started every where I go.
    02-05-2020 03:33 AM
    3months w fold and not a single issue or scratch. Conversation started every where I go.
    Who cares about conversation starter, I don't get a phone to impress others. I still find it odd they lock the fold display up and leave the rest out.
    02-05-2020 07:19 AM
    Who cares about conversation starter, I don't get a phone to impress others. I still find it odd they lock the fold display up and leave the rest out.
    They have to lock it up.... that thing wouldn't last a day as a floor demo phone lol.
    02-05-2020 07:27 AM
    They have to lock it up.... that thing wouldn't last a day as a floor demo phone lol.
    That's my thinking... The others can last days as a floor model, the fold can't.. Even Samsung is saying the fold is delicate. I don't need delicate for everyday used phone, the note and such are delicate enough.
    Nostromo79 and J Dubbs like this.
    02-05-2020 07:35 AM
    I treat all my phones like My Fold. Keep them like new and resale value is great. The only difference is I will not be taken pictures in the ocean. Got great video with my Note 9 of the family swimming with stingrays.
    02-06-2020 01:02 PM
    I treat all my phones like My Fold. Keep them like new and resale value is great. The only difference is I will not be taken pictures in the ocean. Got great video with my Note 9 of the family swimming with stingrays.
    I do also, but life happens and obviously the fold isn't up to life things
    02-06-2020 01:04 PM