Camera Module is not working

BB_PP

May 29, 2017
Visit site
after major update my camera module is not working. i think its camera software. i have restarted my phone and wiped cache partition but no luck.
thanks in advance.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try clearing data,cache and force stop camera by long pressing it and tap info then scroll to storage .

Silvahpandah

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
after major update my camera module is not working. i think its camera software. i have restarted my phone and wiped cache partition but no luck.
thanks in advance.

I dont know if u have fixed it, but for anyone else this might help as i had this problem too. I went into whatsapp and pressed the take a picture icon on the chatbar and my camera clicked into life. since then i can now open the camera with the regular camera app icon too.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Is all of your pertinent data/photos/information backed up? If all else fails, a factory reset may be an option. Have you contacted Samsung customer support?

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Is all of your pertinent data/photos/information backed up? If all else fails, a factory reset may be an option. Have you contacted Samsung customer support?

Very last resort. If you're upgrading to a new OS a reset is best practice however extremely time consuming.
Something usually gets lost as well... just the nature of the beast.

Make sure the apk and it's associated ones are on original factory load. Uninstall any updates.
The cam needs some of the bixby apks to function properly; if present make sure they are functioning properly in the background.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Very last resort. If you're upgrading to a new OS a reset is best practice however extremely time consuming.
Something usually gets lost as well... just the nature of the beast.

Make sure the apk and it's associated ones are on original factory load. Uninstall any updates.
The cam needs some of the bixby apks to function properly; if present make sure they are functioning properly in the background.

Oh, absolutely! It's a risky and lengthy process. That's why I stated that if all else fails, it may be something to try. :)

big samm

Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
There's a update in the Galaxy store for the camera app, that might help. If not restoring yo factory state is the only way to go