What do you think of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch

merritt67

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have one and I love it.. They could stand to do some tweeks so I can see my yahoo, gmail and exchange on it. But other than that
I like it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ya, I am going to call BS on the guys 40% off story. Pic of receipt or BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya, I am going to call BS on the guys 40% off story. With all due respect.

Ok,, I have email receipt. I don't bs dude

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure why it matters one way or the other. It has little to do with the topic at hand.

Back on topic. I like the watch. I think it has a lot of potential as more apps and features are made for it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
yhyzetaj.jpg
hmmmm,, got me lying,, turns out it was 39 percent and not 40. Actually first time I am looking at receipt. Dude told me 40. Oh well. THERES THE DISCOUNT

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure why it matters one way or the other. It has little to do with the topic at hand.

Back on topic. I like the watch. I think it has a lot of potential as more apps and features are made for it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

And I believe we were on topic anyway. Op mentioned if it is worth it or not for 300 dollars

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Been using it for a couple of days now. I see how it can be very useful, but one HUGE disadvantage for me is that the bluetooth disconnects when I leave my phone in my room and go upstairs. If the connection worked better, it would be perfect (for me at least). Instead, now if I move around in the house I have to have the phone on me at all times while wearing the watch, which renders the watch useless.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/03/yhyzetaj.jpg hmmmm,, got me lying,, turns out it was 39 percent and not 40. Actually first time I am looking at receipt. Dude told me 40. Oh well. THERES THE DISCOUNT

Still a great price compared to $300. :thumbup::D

Having said that, I understand the guy calling bs since you originally said $165 and that would be 45% discount, 40% is $180.

I think you just got over excited with that low price you scored that didn't do the math right. It's understandable, I probably would've done the same. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
At 40 percent off 165 would be the price before tax.. I actually was lied to,, dude told me I was getting 40 percent off. I did not look at receipt until this post and no money out of pocket because I charged it my sprint account. Still,, over 100 dollars off. I was happy .39 percent better then full price any day

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
At 40 percent off 165 would be the price before tax.. I actually was lied to,, dude told me I was getting 40 percent off. I did not look at receipt until this post and no money out of pocket because I charged it my sprint account. Still,, over 100 dollars off. I was happy .39 percent better then full price any day

Yup!
That's why I said it was still a great deal. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What happens when you get in your car that is bluetooth enabled and the phone wants to sync with the sound system?
Do you need to turn the watch off so the phone can sync with the car?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

snc0921

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
What happens when you get in your car that is bluetooth enabled and the phone wants to sync with the sound system?

I can still stream music and control it via the watch when I'm in my car. I guess it links both.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Very nice!!!

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I loved my iPad Nano 6th Gen and wore it as a watch with a Lunatik band for a couple of years before I lost the dang thing.. fell out of the band. The novelty of a watch that could play music was well worth its many drawbacks: poor battery life, the fact I had to touch it to see the time, the extremely limited set of faces, no apps, inability to link to my iPhone, it was so annoying to have ear plugs attached to my watch!

Since I lost that device, I thought I would get a Pebble but just never had never money and motivation at the same time.

This weekend I bought my fancy new Note 3 and got a $200 voucher from the store, which I used to purchase the Gear. I have been using it just a day so far and find things I love and hate about it.

Love: I can read my emails on it and make calls (thought it is a bit quiet)! I can set it to wake when I lift my arm so that I don't have to touch it to see the time.

Hate: watch band doesn't feel good when I sweat a bit. Can't get it to lock device. I get notifications for *every* email. Lack of other apps right now..

I do not regret my purchase, despite the things I hate about this device so far. You ain't doing it right unless you use a device enough to know what you hate about it as well as what you love.

For me, the two killer uses for it are as a cool watch (duh) that wakes when I lift my arm, and locking my device when I walk away - if only I can get that to work..

Rob
:)

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I loved my iPad Nano 6th Gen and wore it as a watch with a Lunatik band for a couple of years before I lost the dang thing.. fell out of the band. The novelty of a watch that could play music was well worth its many drawbacks: poor battery life, the fact I had to touch it to see the time, the extremely limited set of faces, no apps, inability to link to my iPhone, it was so annoying to have ear plugs attached to my watch!

Since I lost that device, I thought I would get a Pebble but just never had never money and motivation at the same time.

This weekend I bought my fancy new Note 3 and got a $200 voucher from the store, which I used to purchase the Gear. I have been using it just a day so far and find things I love and hate about it.

Love: I can read my emails on it and make calls (thought it is a bit quiet)! I can set it to wake when I lift my arm so that I don't have to touch it to see the time.

Hate: watch band doesn't feel good when I sweat a bit. Can't get it to lock device. I get notifications for *every* email. Lack of other apps right now..

I do not regret my purchase, despite the things I hate about this device so far. You ain't doing it right unless you use a device enough to know what you hate about it as well as what you love.

For me, the two killer uses for it are as a cool watch (duh) that wakes when I lift my arm, and locking my device when I walk away - if only I can get that to work..

Rob
:)

The locking feature is turned on under the settings menu in Galaxy Gear Manager app on the phone. If you walk away from the phone and the bluetooth connection is lost then the Gear will vibrate or sound an alarm, and your phone will lock.

I hope this is helpful, and what you were asking about?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The locking feature is turned on under the settings menu in Galaxy Gear Manager app on the phone. If you walk away from the phone and the bluetooth connection is lost then the Gear will vibrate or sound an alarm, and your phone will lock.

I hope this is helpful, and what you were asking about?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah, as you mentioned in my other post, I did that. :)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

No issue here whether I connect to car stereo or my blutetooh stereo headphones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad